anyone used megasquirt to control factory EFI?

aaronxs400

Registered
I was thinking about going from my factory ECU w. PC3 to a megasquirt system. i am trying to cut down on wiring and to simplify the EFI system. This bike is not a street bike, race only, slick and bar bike. I know I can hack the ECU, however I feel that the megasquirt may be an easier venue to travel down, possibly with less wiring.

I know a couple guys that have used it. One with some success, another with very little. It is not for the uneducated. You cannot just throw it on and go, there is a pretty steep learning curve with it, and unless you have someone that understands the mapping part of it, you are going to struggle.

If you can put it on a dyno, it may speed things up some, but trying to do it with a datalogger is going to be nearly impossible

That was my biggest concern. It seemed like installation and getting actually to "run" would be the easy part, the hard part would be getting a proper tune up.

Like I said, I had a friend who had the wideband and fought and fought it. Finally ditched it and went with one of the high dollar ones.........

DIYautotune is the name of the company, they have quite a large following and messageboard. I cannot see why a 4 cyl bike is any different than a car......

Back