Anyone use TopYokes UK?

SSGT_B

Registered
About to pull trigger on lsl type kit and wonders if anyone has used this company. They offer a 20% discount if paid by bank transfer but I have never done one and don’t know if that’s good enough to take the risk. Thanks for any info

About to pull trigger on lsl type kit and wonders if anyone has used this company. They offer a 20% discount if paid by bank transfer but I have never done one and don’t know if that’s good enough to take the risk. Thanks for any info
Never used them. Just looked it up on google and the HP. Seems legit. I would go for it if i would be you!

I emailed this morning and got a quick response. Just sent a few more questions, waiting to hear back. It might be Monday till they are open. I always have concern when spending a chunk of change and then waiting for the item...lol. I want instant gratification. ;)

Yep.
20160521_180400.jpg

hi bigoltool

what kind of busa is this on the pic above? gen 1 or 2 ?

to my view, at a gen1, the fork seems not been pushed enough upwards.

or did you take length between end of upper usd-pipe and lower edge of lower yoke?
originally this length at a gen1 is 216 mm = 8.5 inches

or didn´t you do anything else but changing the upper yoke by leaving the fork itself as it was?
if SO i apologize for my question.

hi ssgt

as far as I know, there is no examination every two years in the USA like here in Germany,
in which the technical and legal condition of each vehicle is examined very carefully and a plaque for the license plate is given at the end of this examination if it complies with the regulations.

so what shalls ?

the alu (at the british page I read something of 6082 or similar) they use is a real good one and the shape of yoke looks pretty nice.

the price for me as a german is also nice
and the only leaving question is if they deliver to the states too.

I’ve been in contact with him since I got up this am. Matt responds timely which is good. Have few more questions out to him right now and once satisfied I’ll be sending out my order. It’s my last effort to be able to ride longer than 5-20 min without pain vs buying a new ultra low Harley. And cheaper too :)

Keep us apprised of how you make out....I might be in the same boat...

The ONLY thing holding me fast is that I have very expensive brake lines and the thought of having to ditch those for longer ones make me hesitant.

(...) It’s my last effort to be able to ride longer than 5-20 min without pain vs buying a new ultra low Harley. And cheaper too :)

yeah !

these pains in hand wrist and neck caused by overstreching it to the rear to be able to look corectly forward
i know very well what you mean!
and that kept me from buying a (standard) haya for a long long time
(my brother had already an original ´01 haya and caused / persuaded me 2 or 3 times to ride it testwise but every time same pains)
some other 2 or 3 years later when I was able to sit very comfortably on a foreign hayabusa with a superbike handlebar and yoke, I then also bought one.

BUT - after buy i immediately converted then (within a week or two or so) to superbike. ;)

since then no more problems, :thumbsup: unless I drive a lot more than 500 km.
then it can hurt sometimes - but it may also be due to the lack of long-distance training. ;)

believe in me - you´re on the only right way to get comfortable riding.

same experiance a mate made too - with his 636 ninja kawa - and he only was arround 5ft5
after changing to sb he fell back in love with his bike.

(...) that I have very expensive brake lines and the thought of having to ditch those for longer ones make me hesitant.

yes for sure you have to change the brake lines

but what do you mean with " very expensive " ?

here in germany i buy a set of two long ones (pump to each caliper) up to a length of 1.99 meter each
for a price of ~ 86 € (plus 9.95 € shiping to canada - found at their page - took victoria as example)
see this link to probrake
at that price above
steel lines are clear covered (Ummantelung)
and fittings are alu silver
if you want other colors the price increases of at max 10€ per pair
same by other colored fittings
sorry but what there is so expensive?

Last edited:
(...)but you can no longer raise fuel tank without removal of the bars ;)

yes
thats right but takes only some more 5 minutes for that
what shalls
if you get such a lot more of comfort for you?

the second risers are a chance
not a must have ;-)

my simple hint : test your new comfort with the new yoke and bar
and after some 1000 mi decide again

hmmmmmmm

"a bracket for the fluid cup " - you got a radial brake pump? nice
but remember if so you have to bleed the pump first or you will get crazy.
same at all radial pumps.
fluid cup - if you are looking for ideas risk a look at my homepage - here - pic 20.1 - 21.1
klick on em to enlarge em

These are nice but you can no longer raise fuel tank without removal of the bars ;)

loool - other theme same place - my look into your and your bike´s future
if you want to raise the tank when sb-yoke and bar are mounted
you normally have to push the tank a bit sidewise and to turn the bar also a little bit.
otherwise the two tank front holders may stop under the upper yoke.

AND
please please please please - don´t cut the screen (even you own a gen2)
it is enough if you steer to one side and turn the bar in its clamps up to the screen leaving a very small (0.5 mm) gap between bar and screen
so only light can be seen through.
then put the grips and switches onto the bar and leave then a 10-12mm wide gap between them and the pump
that gap is for the screen to "dive" in. ;-)
look at the pics (my link above) - there you can see the gap i left.
that´s how i did it to my ´00 busa and i feel comfortable with that.
rememebr i am 6ft4 tall ;-)

Back