Anyone use this before?

tsp

Registered
I've got the pingel version. Raise the bars 1" and cut the seat 1" will make it more comfortable. I also modded some gsxr1k pegs I had laying around which gave me about an inch more legroom.

They work good but if you have the money get the Heli-Bars ( way better ) and they will change they angle of you wrist , the risers will not. There are tons of threads on this.

I ordered them before i even got the bike put them on with 6 miles on the clock and for 18.00 you can't beat them. I also painted them black so they blend in better.

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
After the install make sure you turn the handle bars full left and right to check clearance. The front brake lever is important.

Liltroy

Donating Member
Registered
I've got em...only complaint is the small amount of "flexing" they allow that a solid 1 piece spacer would not. But comfort wise they're great!

majestic12

Hunting Kawasakis
Donating Member
Registered
I bought the Genmar 1 1/4 handle bar risers. If I turn the bars all the way to lock I tap the mirror mounts. I don't consider this a problem. The only time I put the bars that far over is when I am parking or backing up. If I go that far during ridding conditions I have bigger problems then the mirror mount. As for the ones in the link I looked at them and wondered if there might be a stressing torque issue latter down the road. The grips offer good lever arms. But at an 1/8 the price you be the judge.

Yes I tried the Soupy's. Compared to the stock set up of course they are more comfortable. The disadvatage using these is that they don't bring the bars back. So I took them off and put the Heli Bars on. This brought the bars back a little bit but that little bit makes a big difference. But the disadvantage for me was the Heli Bars by themselves are not tall enough. So I went to the hardware store and bought 4 brass nuts about 5/16 high and installed them as you would the Soupy's. The brass nuts don't look that bad either. Now combined with the raised Heli-Bars works out better for me. Some guys like to use the Gen-Mar and the Heli-Bars but I would caution you that if you do this you may need longer brake lines and possibly longer throttle cables too. But you can do a search and I'm sure you will find more talk on Gen-Mar & Heli Bar combo's if you are interested.