Anyone up for a race against my Viper.

grabntwist

The one who started it all
Donating Member
Registered
I think I could get you to about 66 mph and then Im toast.
tounge.gif

hpi2.JPG

under the hood she sports a .18 cc small block that puts out about 2hp @ 37,000 rpms. A far cry from the 8.0 liter V-10

hpi4.JPG

Pretty cool. I've got an electric Audi Quatro that should be a close match up to about 35-40 MPH. After that I'll run out of gears. Hmmm. Maybe I need to invest in rocket boosters.
wink.gif

lol, cool always up for a race, speaking of , I was reading your signature and You and I would be one heck of a race, you with 207 and me with 209 , that would be fun

That is sweet! Did you do the paint yourself?

After playing around with electric cars, stadium trucks and boats I finally picked up a nitro about 2 years ago.
Not a major hobby of mine so I went lazy this time by buying a preassembled Street Force GPR. AWD and 2 speed transmission...till today the performance just blows me away.

First time out I took it to the highschool parking lot to break it in. I REALLY "broke" it in. After a few minutes of playing around the car just took off WFO. All I could do is just yell NOOOOO as it went in a big arc across the lot and crashed into the concrete curb at 60 mph. It just blew up in slow motion.
sad.gif
I didn't have the body on it yet and it landed up-side-down. Front wheels were completely gone and one back wheel was making contact with the ground causing it to spin around in a blur like a top. Few pieces of the front suspension ended up on the roof of the school.

It was only about 10' away from me when it quit responding. Went back to that exact spot and found the crystal laying there!

Much to my surprise Duratrax covered everything with no arguing. I sent them a huge list of damaged parts and within a week I had all the replacements. They even offered to repair the car if I wanted to send it in.

Few hours of replacing parts and she was new again. Lots of fun over the past 2 years and of course I now keep that crystal siliconed into place and installed a safety return spring on the throttle.

It still scares the hell out of me to think what can happen with these cars. 0-60 in the blink of an eye and if they go out of control, anyone in its path is going to be in for a world of hurt. And they do attract the crowds!
smile.gif

Nice... I've been wanting a Dayum T-Maxx for awhile now, but somethin gelse keeps coming up.... Sweet Car man.

Ill race ya in the Benz!! AWD Electric with triple turn motor and upgraded drive train and bearings!!!

DSCF0032.JPG

Ill get ya off the line but Ill think you will blow my doors off after that....still sounds like fun to me!

DSCF0031.JPG

Back