Anyone tuned for pump e85 on a stock gen 2 engine?.

FILT166

Registered
I am tuned on 89 with a full Brock’s.
Just wondering if getting an e85 tune, will there be any difference?
It seems the liter bikes have more compression and e85 gives them a good hp gain.
Enough to see the difference
Anyone have a pump gas Dyno tune and a pump e85 Dyno tune to see the number difference?

We did it several years ago on my buddy's bike. It picked up a tenth and a half and a couple mph in the 1/4. Even with 50/50 injector balance there wasn't enough fuel to spray 40 hp so he didn't stay with it. Only change to the fuel system was a replacement Walbro pump, not alcohol specific, and not sure it was needed. Tuning was done with Bazzaz.

I see this going on , but how are you guys doing this with fuel systems designed for low to no Ethanol ?
Are you replacing pumps/ lines / O rings to a type that won't be destroyed by e85 ?

With a busa idk if anyone has issues or no issues. But the new bikes don’t have issues with e85. These new liter bikes will rape a tuned & piped Gen 2 busa mod per mod. Put e85 in them and it really will make you think WTF.

Rob at Boosted cycle performance would be the guy to talk to. He did a dyno tune on his shoo bike with pump gas and e85

He only does boosted applications with e85. Ive already seen his posts.

We did it several years ago on my buddy's bike. It picked up a tenth and a half and a couple mph in the 1/4. Even with 50/50 injector balance there wasn't enough fuel to spray 40 hp so he didn't stay with it. Only change to the fuel system was a replacement Walbro pump, not alcohol specific, and not sure it was needed. Tuning was done with Bazzaz.

This is nitrous you are talking about?

With a busa idk if anyone has issues or no issues. But the new bikes don’t have issues with e85. These new liter bikes will rape a tuned & piped Gen 2 busa mod per mod. Put e85 in them and it really will make you think WTF.

He only does boosted applications with e85. Ive already seen his posts.

This is nitrous you are talking about?

No he will tune a na bike on e85. Look up his thread on his shop bike. He tuned it on e85 and picked up good power. Lucy

Gona have to go back and read his post.

Dennis I’m sorry but the gains were a couple of mph and et was lower on e85 but it was NA?
That’s something positive about e85 and an NA busa

Gona have to go back and read his post.

Dennis I’m sorry but the gains were a couple of mph and et was lower on e85 but it was NA?
That’s something positive about e85 and an NA busa
Alcohol has always made more power than gas, you just need more of it. No reason it wouldn't on a busa motor. The gains are compounded on a forced induction setup because of the cooling effect. You don't need to pull as much timing with alcohol.

Back