Anyone try this?

At every auto parts store in the country, they have outdoor outlets (they have a rubber cover for the outlet), for $2.99.

I've got one in the trunk of my Burgman, and I can run my cellphone, compressor, 1m candlepower search light, electric cooler, whatever I want off it.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Wow old things never die</span>

I covered this a while back (2 years maybe).

Options. Powerlet is nice and just smaller than standard cig lighter but you dont have anything that size so everything will need an adaptor or have the end replaced. Not good option.

If you have a battery tender hooked up for winter charging, then you have the plug dangling under your seat somewhere. Your tender came with some alligator clips connected to the other end of that same plug. Cut off the alligator clips and put a cig lighter plug in it's place. Just plug the cig lighter into the battery tender plug and have an instant 12v lighter plug.

you can put the lighter plug inside the truck just laying there use it when you need it. You can consider the left side tail section where a passenger can reach down to hold onto that rail bar inside the little hole. Flush fit a 12v plug there. Usually can only be used when parked.

You can flush mount one in the black inner dash panels and have one up front.

You can run an extra Ipod cord from the front to the truck and always have it up front and plug it into the cig lighter plug when needed. No wires show.

You can flush mount one in the round hole on the right side of the bike frame thats not being used.

I use the battery tender idea and can just plug in the cig into the battery tender plug when I need a lighter adaptor. keeps my cell phone charged when parked.

Hope that helps. no pics this time.

JD

My buddy put a cigarette lighter in/on his busa. It is located in the right side rear plastic in the indentation . You know the one that would be under and behind your right thigh if you are sitting on the bike.

The opposite side of this indentation.

IM001022.jpg

<!--EDIT|busabrother
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155299236 -->

Not sure about adding a cig plug on the bike but I may be interested in adding the Tank bag connector. I almost never ride without my tank bag anyway. You could just run a Fused SAE connector from the battery which can double for the battery tender in the off months and then just jack into your Tank bag. I think BMW may even sell a tank bag with the plugs already in it. You could plug an electric vest, radar detector, GPS or camera on the outside and leave your cell phone inside the tank bag. Might be spendy to do though.

http://www.powerletproducts.com/products/ptb.php

I have it on mine. I mounted one of the 12v plugs on the right dash so the wires dangle behind the right turn signal. With the helibars, the ipod plug and cell phone plug have just enought room so it doesn't interfere with turning.

Mine's run through a Bluesea fuse box so it's only on when the bike's on. I also have accent lights, gps power, gerbings, autocom power, and a multifunction digital thing (temp, time, laptime, battery status, etc).

Carl

Back