Anyone try this yet?

bump.gif

i want to get chrome wheels but i want the spokes blue and cant find anywhere to buy the rims with blue spokes...

I have chrome rims,RC Componets Savages, and I had the blades done in a translucent or candy powdercoat to match my paint. For the wear and punishment that your wheel will take I think powdercoat is the way to go.

Powder is good stuff!

Send them to colorlife in ny, ask for john. He can do just what you ask for.

You can do it too. Just get the wheels chromed, buy the powder tape, tape off the lips and bring them them to a good powder coater to have them powdered w/ translucent color.

Might check with Hooken, he's got his wheels done similarly to what you want and could certainly offer some input
cool.gif

His are red centered btw, but look great
beerchug.gif

From my experience with XXXChroming I wouldn't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would go with Sporting Chrome or something like that, I can't find the site at this moment!!! STBY

I would go with Sporting Chrome or something like that, I can't find the site at this moment!!! STBY
Thanks for the heads up... I found their web site the other day and was considering giving my Girl a new look for 2008.

What was your experience if you don't mind me asking?
rock.gif

Thanks for the heads up... I found their web site the other day and was considering giving my Girl a new look for 2008.

What was your experience if you don't mind me asking?
rock.gif
The stuff bubbled up after a year and it's like painted or something! The site that I got some good stuff from is: www.sportchrome.com
But this web site isn't working for some reason! Their digits are: 1(888)799-9958, their stuff is for real!!!! NIce and heavy stuff with a copper bass etc, etc. Just awesome stuff!!!

The Alsa is a pretty good product, but kinda expensive.. and it's not as durable as PC.. But it does the job.
I've got some Super Gloss Clear Powder from Caswell, and it looks pretty good over polished Alum. and chrome.

I started stripping my bud's zx11 rear rim, got it all ready to outgass before I spray it Super Wet Black.. and learned a very valuable lesson.. I should probably make sure the part I'm wanting to PC, will actually fit in my oven BEFORE I do all the work stripping the SOB!!!! Luckily I have a good friend who's oven is a bit bigger than mine and he's allowing me to do it at his house.. Thanks Rykstr!!

good luck

Call this place...they may even have them in stock.  You send yours to them, and if they are good, they'll send you some back super fast.  I know for a fact they have colored chrome wheels too, I've seen them.  Good luck!

http://www.bikes2nv.com

These aren't very good pics, but they are from their site.

burton-222_b.jpg

photo_botm2_new.jpg

photo_wheel.jpg

13.jpg

100_0045.jpg

Back