Anyone still have their STOCK rear sets?? Need help ASAP Please!!!

San Diego Busa

Registered
Hey Guys

Got my parts back from Travis, all powdercoated black, looks sick

I sheared the bolt off inside of the arm that attaches to the shifter shaft coming out of the engine

Just went to buy a new one and they are on back order and no estimate of when they will be available.

Anyone have one of these??

Please email me at: sandiegobusa@gmail.com ASAP

I'll try to post a pic of what I am talking about in a few

Any help with be great!
Thanks
Kevin

No its #26

26 25520-40F00 ARM, GEAR SHIFT LINK 1 $33.77

Anyone have one laying around?? :bowdown:

Here is a pic:

busaarm.jpg

To me it looks like a simple 5 minute job. Maybe I am not understanding what you broke, I am taking it as the bolt that tightens the shift arm around the splines of the shaft is what broke.

Drill and easy out whats left of the broken bolt. Of course I would wrap the shift arm in soft rags and lightly put in a vise to hold it so you can drill a straight hole for the easy out to fit in.

Yes, that's exactly what's wrong, the bolt that tightens the arm around the splines sheared off once it was 99% in

I'm going to need to dremel the bolt into pieces to try to get it off the shaft

The arm was powdercoated, so the bolt when in a little snug, didn't force it by any means

Would rather pay a fellow memeber for a new part, as 1) I don't have a vice, or easy outs, 2) even if I did I lack skill in the area. :)

Checked eBay and there is a ton of then on there for gen 1s, but not a single one for gen 2s! Too bad they are different

Thanks
Kevin

Thanks

Can you not slip a hacksaw blade in between the split on it and cut the bolt in half?
This if it works will allow you to spread it and remove it off spline shaft.
Once in hand it may be easier to fool with?

Bro...I'm in Rancho Penasquitos. where u at? I don't have an extra one, but have the technology to get that one out...then off to the hardware store for a new one.

Back