Anyone shed some light on this Busa that's down?

880jedi

Registered
Skip ahead to 6:00. If you want to watch the rest of the video, you won't believe what you see. Not good.

[376] Group Ride to Anguin - 2011-08-20 - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy said the rider blew out his front tire and low sided. That happened to me 2 years ago, there was nothing I could do. Sucked big time.

The tire blew out in the corner.That was a ride up here and some guys from pnwriders.There was like 3 wrecks on the is one ride in less than a half hour.I wont be riding with those guys.

Did you see how the guy hit the sheriff cruiser from going to wide on that turn.I also like how they left that guy with the busa and kept going.I always thought when group riding someoe goes down, you wait untill he has a way home, his bike is on a trailer or truck and that he doesnt need the hospitol.

Did you see how the guy hit the sheriff cruiser from going to wide on that turn.I also like how they left that guy with the busa and kept going.I always thought when group riding someoe goes down, you wait untill he has a way home, his bike is on a trailer or truck and that he doesnt need the hospitol.

Leaving the guy and going on with the ride is lame. maybe it was karma that got them later?

The Busa that went down is a good friend of mine. I have riden with him for many years. i have also riden with some of the guys on that ride. we are all from the SF bay area. i was not on that ride, I do not like groupe rides. First of all the front tire did not blow out on the turn it blew after he hit the guard rail. He just got home out of the hospital. His bike is totaled it will be another six weeks before he will walk, And maybe not ride again. I have rode those roads many times it was rider error. Did you see the speedo on the bike 41-42 MPH WTF. Just ask 2 hip about one of my close calls. Thats why i like to ride alone. I quit riding with lee the busa that went down a year ago because the way he rides.
Chuck

WOW!!!! Messed up day for sure!! Glad the first rider is doing better!!
Glad everyone walked away from the pile-up!! Damn!!

why was this posted on pnwriders??I figured it was up in this area.Sucks non the less but these guys acted like squids.

yes there are many many reasons for crashing. Going to fast watching other bikes in front of you and not the road in a group ride. That same day Russ up in placerville crashed and totaled his busa because some riders ahead of him did not make the turn. Going to fast.

I agree with AMODE. The BUSA is very fast and smooth. Sometimes it gets the best of you. That is why it's not a Beginner Bike !! Russ is doing ok and from what I have read in this thread this guy will walk again. Russ came Very Close to being in a Wheel Chair for the rest of his life...........................Ride within your Limits !!!

Robert

Looks to me like a perfect example of riding your own ride and not trying to impress everyone hanging with the group. My brother is the only one i will get into it with and can push it hard. Ride with a friend that isnt as confident as us and we will run her speed to make sure she is comfortable and not pushing it. First accident not really sure about that 2nd one looks to me like it could have been definately avoided, atleast after the first bike went down.

Wow! Skip ahead to 19:00.

How's that for bad luck.

1st, you're riding outside your ability.

2nd, you run wide over the double yellow.

3rdly, you run wide INTO A COP CAR!

4thly, you cause every else to crash into you.

Wow some more.

I would ride with my brother in the malibu canyons years ago.Dont think I would ride them with a group now.I agree, the buss will get the best of you, so know your limits.

I would say target fixation on the last 2 in the pile up, because everyone else coming up missed the downed bike.

Back