ANYONE RUNNING THESE?

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
I know there have been hundreds of tire threads and I'm not looking to start another. Just wanting to know if anyone is running the AVON AV 45 AzaroST (front) & AV46 AzaroST (rears) on their bikes. I've finished the second set of Bridgestones and I'm looking for something to give me more miles per set. I'm basically a touring rider and need more miles out of the tires. If you're running these--how many miles are you getting from them? How do they handle? Thanks!

A great tire good for 6000-6500 on the rear. Great grip, rain or dry. Also take look at the Avon Storm. We have the Storm in stock but shipping will kill you.

I run the Azaro front and back. I wore out the stock Bridgestone in 3200 mi.
I have a little over 5000 on the Avons and can probably get 800 to 1000 more mi. from the rear. I would buy again..........
cool.gif
Great tire.

I don't run the Azzaro but I do have Avon AV-59 & AV-60 and I love them.

Don't have the Avons YET
wink.gif
, but because of the guys I know who do, and their mileage on their and my last bike. They will definately be going on at the next change  
beerchug.gif

Avon lover here, was getting like 2500 miles out of my metzelers, now I'm averaging about 6000/tire rear and 8000/tire front. I have 35k miles on my baby, so you can see I've put some $$$ in tires.

About 1K miles on my AV46 and it's barely scrubbed the surface !
super.gif

(hottrodd7 @ Jan. 19 2007,11:44) Thanks to all!  Great info--I think I'm gonna give 'em a try!
I'm going to see Greg at HPC on Jan 28 - and I live in CT. If you want to work something out I'm all ears
beerchug.gif

BTW--I'm not sure I'm understanding the difference between the Azaro's and the Storms? Anyone help?

Storms are new, they are supposed to have better grip with the same mileage as the azaros.

BTW, I run the azaros and got 7500 out of the first rear and will get at least that out of this one. My next set of tires will be the Storms.

Don

sitting in my garage....waiting for the pilot powers to wear out...

I like a softer tire up front...but that's just me!

misc016.jpg

Sweet selection for your rubber we stock the 190 and 200 series since our shop is for the big boys of the bike world. Great tires for sure.

(hottrodd7 @ Jan. 19 2007,04:41) I know there have been hundreds of tire threads and I'm not looking to start another.  Just wanting to know if anyone is running the AVON AV 45 AzaroST (front) & AV46 AzaroST (rears) on their bikes.  I've finished the second set of Bridgestones and I'm looking for something to give me more miles per set.  I'm basically a touring rider and need more miles out of the tires.  If you're running these--how many miles are you getting from them?  How do they handle?  Thanks!
I'm on my 3rd set, so that should be enough to tell you how I feel about them. I get 7000-8000 miles out of the rear depending on how much slab I do. The more slab, the sooner they need to be replaced.

For whatever it's worth I've worn out 3 or 4 Metzeler's on my custom chopper and never got better than 3200-3500 miles on them and the cords were showing. Switched to an Avon product and looks like they'll run better than 5,000. Been running a 200/50/ZR/17 which is comparable to what's on the Busa.

Hmmm-just went on line to moto outlet and the Storm's are only a few bucks more than the Azaro's. I like the sound of what the stroms can do. Think I might give 'me a try.

Love them, I'm not to aggressive so they work just fine.
Oh and you will get some miles on them.

Picture_1127.jpg

Back