Anyone Running Metzler M7 Rr's?

Jay Koucoules

Registered
I just ordered a set of Metzler M7 RR's after lots of YouTube review watching. I was on the fence about them vs Dunlop Q3's. I went the M7's as I never do any track riding, just pure street driving and the proclaimed better tread life. Just looking for some experienced feed back before I mount the M7's, I can still Reynolds them for Q3's.

I bought a set of Metzler's one time, recommended from the dealership for tire wear because I was going on a long trip. I got 900 miles out of the set, let's just say I was very unhappy as I sat in another dealership in Carson City Nevada getting a set Dunlap's put on.. My bad experience is from the dealership selling me the wrong tire, me not investigating but I still won't buy a Metzler to this day because of that.

cap

Really looking for a rider that has the M7 RR's review not just the brand. 900 miles out of a set of tires is the worst I've heard of. What model tire where they.

Thank you for the reply.

Really looking for a rider that has the M7 RR's review not just the brand. 900 miles out of a set of tires is the worst I've heard of. What model tire where they.

Thank you for the reply.

I will go back and find that thread, I tried to bury the memory but will snoop around and see if I can find it here.

Thank you for the reply.
Not sure on that type however Metzler have just released here a tyre that's supposed to be their equivalent of the Michelin Pilot Road 4s which is what I'm running . as we live in a colder wetter climate the R3/4s are the tops. I'm getting round 26000kms on a set .

20161020_065309.jpg

Not sure on that type however Metzler have just released here a tyre that's supposed to be their equivalent of the Michelin Pilot Road 4s which is what I'm running . as we live in a colder wetter climate the R3/4s are the tops. I'm getting round 26000kms on a set .

View attachment 1569965

26K that would be nice...typically down here 10-11K i do rate them tho.

I'm running them but not enough mileage to discuss durability yet. They're confidence inspriring and grip quite well, I had her leaned over fairly good right away and scrubbed in, good tacky feel on warm up and I most importantly I trust them. Reasonable priced too, will by again!

26K that would be nice...typically down here 10-11K i do rate them tho.
Hi Cantab, I think you spoke about this before . we don't have a one standard of roading chip used here, ice and snow play a big part when the contract company reseal our roads . but that happens when you privatise companies , nothing's consistent , up north the only consistent things is the quality which is half-arsed

I have the 7rrs now. They are predictable and steady. I have no confidence issue in corners. Mileage is blah. I don't go up on 1 or burn em. 1/4 inch chicken strip. 3500 miles with maybe 500 to go. If these are similar to pr4s then the hope of getting mileage out of a rear tire is hopeless. From the forums, other riders and reviews, the pr4s should last much longer but there is a slight slippage issue when dragging a knee. I might just go shinko and let the tires burn up. Undecided. I ran shinkos exclusively on my fireblade (avatar) after the OEMs and they did everything I wanted from them, no chicken strips. They are not a rain tire though which is fine as I don't ride in the rain.

Back