Anyone running a no-touch tank bag?

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
Trying to get your thoughts on the SWMotech stuff or Cortech Dryver stuff, or GIVI's tankbags that mount with the gas cap ring.

Anyone have one?

Pros: Obviously no tank scratches.

Cons: :dunno:

My buddy has one on his bike and loves it but he is kind of new . I think it looks ok.

I'm trying to see the main differences between brands. Is there a good one, bad one, etc. Seems to be tough to research for some reason.
Almost looks like the Cortech Dryver ones are discontinued. :dunno:

Yeah, I'm leaning toward the SW Motech ones just would actually like to hear if they are worth it. Seems like a VERY expensive tank bag. Maybe I should ask Tim (Pashnit)

I was looking at them the other day at the BMW dealer, they were a bit pricey

LoL, I actually buy all my stuff through them now except oil...they are half the distance across town as the Suk dealer and I know everyone that works there...as a matter of fact a few of the people I used to deal with at the Suk dealer moved to the BMW dealer because of the working environment.

I may pay a few $$$ more but the service is outstanding in comparison. I actually had the BMW dealer rebuilt my top end after my last speed run. The guys are Jap certified. :laugh:

Not likely, but they all come over and hang at the house...the busa has impressed a few times :oldcool:

3 of the guys I ride with have went and purchased the BMW 1000 though, nice bikes for sure.

I have a couple of Marsee corona tank bags for my Gen 1 and I think they're great. 7 litre pictured and I have a 15L too. No scratches, quick to fill gas tank, easy to take off and carry with you. They install with 1/4 turn and magnets lock them in place. When removed, the ring on the cap looks good and is not obtrusive. Only problem, they officially don't make them for Suzuki. I bought a used one on ebay for either a Ducati or Triumph, can't remember, and was planning on modifying it to fit, but it bolted right up w/o mods. Only problem, can't lay on tank. See pic on my old Gen1.

I've since bought a gen2 and the marsee's don't fit it. I'm going to have to move to a Givi or Motech now.

047.jpg

I have one made by bags connection sold by twistedthrottle.com love it, the bag quality itself is as good or better than any other I have seen, it doesn't move when installed, comes off quick for fill ups. I have the 14L one that will expand to 21L and when its full it will droop a little and rub the tank but I mitigate that by just using blue painters tape in the contact places when using the tank bag. It is pricey but after having one after using the magnetic style ones I would never go back. They also have ones that will transfer power through the ring so you can charge electronics inside the bag without trying to run chords into it.

looks like they don't make the exact one I have anymore as I have had it for a few years but this looks to be the replacement.

SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection QUICK-LOCK EVO Sport Tankbag for SW-MOTECH QUICK-LOCK Mounting System - TwistedThrottle.com

Back