Anyone runnig TORCO fuels?

megawatt

Registered
There is a guy that sells TORCO racing fuel at the Vegas track. I am running a Brocks Alien head and the Brocks race map is built on a VP MR9 fuel that is oxygenated.

Just curious if anyone out there is running Torco fuel. VP fuel will run me over $10 a gallon at 5 gallon min. The local guy can sell me any amount of Torco fuel I want at half the price.

I'm using the Toroco 108 in my 08 Turbo, but before the turbo I ran 87 pump gas, you don't need race fuel with that map. I ran a best of 9.33 with The alien head and Brocks map on 87. my buddy went 9.27 with same set-up.

Running the race fuel is strictly a luxury for me. I know pump 87 is alright, but I just want to run on race fuel once to see what the time differences will be. So I figured I would ask to find out what fuels anyone out there is running and their .02

Running the race fuel is strictly a luxury for me. I know pump 87 is alright, but I just want to run on race fuel once to see what the time differences will be. So I figured I would ask to find out what fuels anyone out there is running and their .02
you turbo or high compression?

Stock motor with Brocks pipe, map, PCIII, and Brocks suggested small air box mod.

Down one on front sprocket, lowered, strapped, Brocks clutch mod. I have my old track day BT002 tires with warn down sides so I want to go wear down the middles now before getting a Shinko.

I am waiting on my powercommander hub switch so I can load Brocks "track" map as #1 selection and the "economy" map as #2. So I can run different map runs and see how times vary between the two maps, provided I can make two fairly identitical runs.

Race fuel(higher octiane) won't make a stock compression engine run any better as the engine is desinged for 87 to 92 octiane. If you are running higher compression or a turbo, race gas is recomended.I ran 120 octiane in my turbo bike at 35lb of boost and never pinged it.

Race fuel(higher octiane) won't make a stock compression engine run any better as the engine is desinged for 87 to 92 octiane. If you are running higher compression or a turbo, race gas is recomended.I ran 120 octiane in my turbo bike at 35lb of boost and never pinged it.
Race fuels come in all different octanes not just the high numbers.  VP MR9 fuel is a 87 octane race fuel.  And the MR9 is advertised to have 8% more power than pump 87 octane I am guessing it due to it being an oxygenated fuel.  

I was curious if anyone had experiences with Torco Mach or Stealth series of race fuel.

the only issue that comes to mind is the effect the "oxidizers" will have on a stock fuel system.. I would research that a bit before dumping any oxygenated fuel in the bike..

Brock says is fine to use on a stock system, cleans out the injectors very well and can be used on highway riding (I asked because I will have to ride to the track, not goign to trailer it). The only downfall is that MR9 should not be left in the tank for extended periods of time say over a week. It can destroy the fuel pump if left there, so many guys drain whats left and run pump gas thru the system after races.

I pulled 10% off the High RPM side of my PC III and picked up 6mph with that map. But I'm in Kansas. Probably a bit different in Vegas. That was on 91 octane pump fuel.

Brock says is fine to use on a stock system, cleans out the injectors very well and can be used on highway riding (I asked because I will have to ride to the track, not goign to trailer it). The only downfall is that MR9 should not be left in the tank for extended periods of time say over a week. It can destroy the fuel pump if left there, so many guys drain whats left and run pump gas thru the system after races.
reason enough for my to leave that out of the tank in the first place I guess... not worth the trouble for a few ponies..

Back