Anyone run GP shift?

greg3852

Registered
I'm thinking of switching it over to give it a try. Anyone run it? I found today when really getting on it that I actually was kicking it up hard enough to hurt the top of my foot. I do alot of riding on the edge of sanity, so it will get a lot of use.

I've got to try something. I feel like I'm slamming it up way too hard. A QS may help as right now I'm just trying to do everything I can as fast as possible to get the shift done.

wow
so do you just leave the throttle pinned and slap the clutch lever as you shift like we use to with cars
Or do you have a secret handshake with God :). 'Cause house were awfully quick. Dang!!

wow
so do you just leave the throttle pinned and slap the clutch lever as you shift like we use to with cars
Or do you have a secret handshake with God :). 'Cause house were awfully quick. Dang!!
I let off throttle while clutching. Lots of practice to make it seem less. I'll be building a new mount to get some better results on video

GP / shift start from factory pro / Sato racing short throw shift arm. My shifts rival the best quick shifters. The true purpose of GP is so you can up shift while leaned in a corner with out destroying your foot.
I would like to do the reverse shift still for the reason of corner clearance and for my shite ankle / foot combo . That combined with the ultra quick QS would be a killer combination for me . Wouldn't take me long to swap over

from my current setup , so am thinking it over for sure .

I would like to do the reverse shift still for the reason of corner clearance and for my shite ankle / foot combo . That combined with the ultra quick QS would be a killer combination for me . Wouldn't take me long to swap over View attachment 1600136
from my current setup , so am thinking it over for sure .
Which kickstand is that, Toad?

Thanks for the info. It says not available. I loved the aluminum piece I had when the bike was lowered, but it wasn’t adjustable, so was too short for standard height and I sold it. I put the ugly, heavy factory one back on. I also found out that the nut and bolt that hold the kickstand switch were somehow cross threaded. I don’t remember ever taking that bolt off before and no one has touched that part of my bike, since I bought it new. I managed to secure the switch, but I’m OCD, so will probably order another kickstand bracket and bolt/but. Might have to do the “c10 mod” and do something like Bryan @c10 mentioned on his GP shift video.

Thanks for the info. It says not available. I loved the aluminum piece I had when the bike was lowered, but it wasn’t adjustable, so was too short for standard height and I sold it. I put the ugly, heavy factory one back on. I also found out that the nut and bolt that hold the kickstand switch were somehow cross threaded. I don’t remember ever taking that bolt off before and no one has touched that part of my bike, since I bought it new. I managed to secure the switch, but I’m OCD, so will probably order another kickstand bracket and bolt/but. Might have to do the “c10 mod” and do something like Bryan @c10 mentioned on his GP shift video.
That looks like I got the last spare , but that kickstand is just a generic chinese made unit , sold by many with their company name on the package , Impact was cheap price than any other I had seen , even with post so that's a bummer . Brocks stock a nice stand by China also , 2 types and expensive , but also bigger foot on both .
Schnitz have a sidestand switch delete plug , cheap easy plug in if you don't do much electrical looping yourself . You could run tap M8 X1.25MM if I remember right through that damaged thread , and carefully re attach .
@c10 mod is good because it is example using stock foot control sets , but with the rearsets , people might want to check and go for a set that offers reverse shift as possible option .

Back