Anyone run a Blackbird?

hey speed. so your not the only one that has experienced the "im the god of 900s" attitude. stupid f's bet me money on races and guess what? im a little richer. dont get me wrong their are 900s that will smoke busas but they are rare.usually the people with them are punk kids not older men with the money to tune to the hills!!

"The other white meat." That was pretty funny. I liked it. I've heard it used with other subjects it was cute but when I read it here I had to smile a mile wide. :) :) :) :) :)!!!

And to top the topic off, there are those whom still don't believe the 'busa to be the best production bike ever made. For the combination of speed, performance, reliability, endurance, price, and representation from the factory to back up its product, there is yet another motorcycle to compare it to in my eyes.

Promptly after buying my bike a buddy with a 98 Blackbird(Muzzy,K&N, 170lb rider) wanted to run. After hitting 1000 miles & changing the oil at 700 miles I figured the bike was ready. On a LIGHTLY traveled Highway in the boonies we leave out of 3rd gear. Busa had instant 5 bike length lead and was pulling hard. 2nd run - he cheated and left out of 2nd while I was in 3rd - Busa only pulls about 3 bikes before the curve(I hit rev limiter going into 4th). On the big end rolling out 5th same results - pulls away hard. We were expecting it to be closer since I weigh 235lbs w/boots. According to the magazines the Bird makes 127bhp compared to the Busa's 151bhp. He was expecting the 65lb weight difference to account for the 24hp deficit. I can't wait to get a pipe, remap, & airbox mod. Bike runs real strong stock, I guess you guys already know that. No intentions on starting a flame war or offending Blackbird riders.

I've caught 2 of em and they just shook their heads, didn't want any part of a busa.

I don't brag or talk smack but this guy asked for it. A few weeks ago he ran a 99 R1. Both riders weigh the same. The R1 was in front until the Bird hit the top of 5th gear. He claims he could leave his bike in 6th while the R1 was in 3rd. I had to do it. I hate guys that have bikes that go 250mph stock and it's the fastest thing on the planet.

about a week after I bought mine, I was at the local tuesday night hang out and they we conviceded a blackbird to race.. even a zx9 thought he wanted a piece of me :)

We made several passes and no one could touch me... and the bike was as stock as she gets. Although the zx9 did do a respectable 1/2 block burn out... I am sure glad I dont buy his tires :p

have any of you run a tuned zx9 hitting around 10.00flat or so? usually the fastest ive seen with (average tuned)bikes is 10.03 with swingarms. i was wonderin what the bike length you were out ahead on stock or tuned.

My main riding buddy has a 97 Black Bird and we had at it this past weekend. We did everything. 3rd gear to top gear roll ons, drag races and twisty back roads. We both are about the same weight and we both have roughly about the same riding skills. Of course I think I'm better and he of course thinks he's better.

The BUSA and I punished him and his Black Bird in the 3rd gear roll ons.

The BUSA and I punished him and his Black Bird in the quarter mile.

The BUSA and I punished him and his Black Bird on the twisty back roads.

None of these races were even close except the back roads which were a little closer, but not much. The BUSA is one hell of a handler on the back roads. I am loving this bike.

Simply put...The BUSA is a better bike sport bike than the Black Bird without a shadow of a doubt. My buddy's trying to sell his Black Bird to buy a BUSA after our ride this weekend.

me ? the zx9 had standar mods I think My busa was stock(week old) It was not extended.

Since they were behind me I cant tell for sure how far they were. But I have raced 3 different zx9 and EVERY rider walked up to me and said, " Dude, I wanna race you, I got a zx9. (* I chuckle *) Dude! this aint no ordinary 9, this is the fastest 9 around"

WE RACE

THEY LOSE :)

Back