anyone roll with a 954

onetimedownbusa

Registered
i usually ride with a close friend whos got an 03 954rr and hes got akro titaniunm with a pc3 and hes stretched with stock gearing.  i still think my bike isnt running quite right but i dont notice any major issues. anyway he keeps up with me pretty good and im trying to figure out if hes got more done to it than i know about cause hes sneeky like that.  he ran a 10.4 in the 1/4 2 weeks ago but he cant launch for crap.  i dont really run on the street anymore since my son was born last month but i never hear anything about the 954 and it seems to me they are fast. before my regear we rolled from about 80 and i was in 5th on accident and he was in 3rd and i couldnt catch him and i rolled to the pin!  is this a case of secret mods or just an underated bike because of the 1000rr.
race.gif

<!--EDIT|onetimedownbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087358916 -->

hmmmm?  something is wrong with my baby! or hes more moded
he also was getting 1.9 60's at the track and still gettin 10.4's so to me that is pretty quick. i was just reading the racing section here and with that 60 it seem hes pulling hard up top. i havent seen his slip for the brackdown yet but ill try to get it

<!--EDIT|onetimedownbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087360068 -->

SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW COMPARED TO THE OTHER LITREBIKES
I own a 954 and would hardly call it slow. I agree it's a few tenths off the others but i sure do love the way it handles and ergos are nice. On the street it's got more then enough power for my needs.

The good looks, sweet handling and relative comfort is what made me decide on a 954.

<!--EDIT|lowlypawn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087364222 -->

the question is should it even be in my zipcode and is his 1/4 times about right for the mods ive listed?
I've never taken mine to the track so i can't say for sure but I think he telling the truth. The bike only weighs 370 dry.

I definitely think the 954 is underrated and overshadowed by the new 1000 and the fact it’s down 50cc to the others these last 3 years.

Believe me, unless your racing on the track the 954 is more then capable enough to keep up with the rest. Unless it’s a pure top speed contest I can’t imagine my bike not keeping up.

ive spent quite a bit of time on his bike and it feels fast but the lower torque throws me a little. hp is hard to feel when your used to 100ftlbs of torque. i do all his wrench work now but i didnt to begin with. ive checked it out and it looks like everything that i did is it. it is light and i saw him smack an 04 gixxer 1000 from a roll. it was stock and hes not though but still. i just called him and i was suprised he answered but he dynoed in the low 150hp at a local dyno. hes looking for his printout so i can see it. i figure 370lbs and 150's in hp and it should roll with just about anything. as far as handling, it corners like a mother even stretched hes got the tire burned to the edge and always hits his shoes and pegs.

its just hard to tell. i waxed a 10r on the street a couple weeks ago worse than the 954 for money and the guy didnt pay or even hang for that matter. oh well for the price a 954 is now, its a steal for the bike quality

Ride with a few of them,all basically stock except for one.Stock ones aren't much of a challenge,but the heavily modded one will give a stock Busa a run for his money.Pretty close from a standing start,atleast up to 150 or so.

i know i was in the wrong gear but ive raced him in the right gear too and i was never satisfied but today i got my answer! ive told the story before, i got the bike with about 3k miles, crashed at 4k and still havent done plugs and im at about 7k. i did plugs today, just the stock ngk's and holy crap! i knew it wasnt running quite right but it is now and after 5 mins erics 954rr was no more. its for sale and hes getting the 1000rr. hes a honda guy and its a nice bike. i finally exposed him to not how slow he is, but how fast the busa really is. but consider my mods i should have some good horsepower

Back