Anyone remove passenger pegs?

Registered
If so, how's it look, clean? I'm still waiting on my '09 to arrive & never plan to have a passenger & would like a cleaner look. Anyone got pics?

Only reason im leaving them on (not planning on riding with pasangers either) is that they would be a good point to attach a harness or something on longer trips, i like to overkill on the safety, so stuff doesnt fall off when riding, but thats just me.

Mine are gone...

P1060249.jpg

That's just what I was looking for, kinda hard to envision on a bike ya don't have yet.:thumbsup: GREAT looking Busas by the way!

Simple question for a dead thread but is the passenger peg removal on a gen2 a very involved task or a 5-minute job?

5 minute job, unless you want to take the whole peg bracket off, then you have to remove the tail to get to the bolts.

5 minute job, unless you want to take the whole peg bracket off, then you have to remove the tail to get to the bolts.

Yes sorry I wasn't clear about that, I do mean the brackets too. Not much point in taking off the pegs and leaving the brackets, unless you have an exhaust that needs support.

And you do mean the tail fairing, not the tail, right? Is that a big job?

**EDIT** Never mind, K8 service manual page 652 :-)

Last edited:
I don't have the passenger pegs on mine, i just ordered a cheap exhaust bracket from Vortex to hold my exhaust in place.

4582730030_46ba36a323_o.jpg

not sure if you can get the details, but you get the idea, no silver chunks of aluminum on the tail of my bike! :thumbsup:

Back