Anyone remember these?

BrianKesler

Registered
The last time i posted this it was in the polls forum for some reason so i figured id try again. Here it is, the 83 GS1100.

Bike.JPG

I had an 82 GS850 as my first bike. Nice little chugger. Finally all but died on me about 21 years after birth, so I finally had to part with it. Nice bikes though.

Another one of my buddies GS1150...again slightly modded...turbo & nitrous.....375 HP and 245ft.lbs. torque.

DSC00392.JPG

Yeah..... slightly......:p

The first Bike I ever rode on the street was my Uncle Rich's GS800. Maybe it was an 850
rock.gif
Dont remember.Fun times. LOL! Was about 14 years old.

<!--EDIT|tedbiele
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114470087 -->

I've always loved those old-school Kan-a-tunas too bad they ruined the name. Should have saved it for our bikes......

Yeah, maybe in a year or two i can get a Busa, but this one was free from dad (KevinKesler) when he got his Busa. Its been good to me and its pretty quick for an old bike.
race.gif

There's not a week that go's by that I don't reflect at least some on the old bikes I've owned . Most of them were Suzuki's .

The topic bike is a " G " model with the two valve motor . By 83 , Zuki was on the second year of the 4 valve 'E" series . In 83 they also had an ES model with a small fairing . Some bikes had hinges in the middle . The early 78 model GS 1000 had two hinges  
biggrin.gif
but that was OK , they could still be hustled around the track . I have a friend that put over 200k on the stock bottom end of a 2 valve 1000 and around 175k on the bottom end of the same type roller bearing crank used in the 1100 GS models . When all makers went to plain bearings I thought the world was over . I just never thought they would last but look now  
tounge.gif

Back in those days Yoshimura actually did head work at their shop for the masses . They also had stage II & III cam kits available . My 83 1100 had a Yosh head on it . Sure was a pretty site to behold back then and set me back a pretty penny . It was my track/street bike but took it to a Soul Brothers drag race in 84 and won the thing doing consistant 3rd gear wheelies .  Later I built an 78 GS1000E , black in color . Looked stock but had motor mods . Looking back it was one of the funnest bikes I ever owned . The Katana's were brutal on the kidney's as a sport tourer . Yep , a guy can try anything at least once
biggrin.gif

Hey Brian , if interested I still have a set of 3S drop-in Andrews  cams for the two valvers . Andrews made asian bike cams before they went whole heart into the Harley stuff . I also have a near new Kerker road race pipe if you or anyone you know might be interested . Both picks the power up a goodly amount on those motors . Like no 1st gear power wheelies vs 1st and second with the mods .

There's more , like the custom 1000cc 750 GS with custom intake manifolds that used two side draft carbs with accelerator pumps . Wheelie madness there but I won't bore ya'll with the ancient past .
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

I have a friend that put over 200k on the stock bottom end of a 2 valve 1000 and around 175k on the bottom end of the same type roller bearing crank used in the 1100, GS models .

Hey Brian , if interested I still have a set of 3S drop-in Andrews  cams for the two valvers . Andrews made asian bike cams before they went whole heart into the Harley stuff . I also have a near new Kerker road race pipe if you or anyone you know might be interested . Both picks the power up a goodly amount on those motors . Like no 1st gear power wheelies vs 1st and second with the mods .
Mine had 67,000 on the odometer and then the gauges broke and it was ridden like that for quite some time. Now its probably closer to 75,000 or maybe a little more. My wife told me last night that maybe in a year i could sell this one and put the money on a down payment for a new one so i probably wont put any money into this one. She doesnt really want me to get a Busa, but thats because she thinks i will be doing 186 whenever i can. I keep telling her i wont and that even the new 1k bikes will do about 180 so whats another 6??

Back