Anyone recall drooling over this 1999 flyer?

Yeah..I know the feelings...

I was in a dealership in the early part of '99- bought a new suzuki Quadmaster 500 4x4 fourwheeler..as I was waiting on the finance lady to do her thing I was browsing around and looked up on the wall and there it was....a huge banner of that copper monster!! I said to my buddy that "one of these days I would own one of those..." and I knew when I saw it that it was the only bike I wanted. I had eyeballed different ones over the years but being a single dad of two children just couldn't afford a whole lot on my plate at one time...but I knew when I saw it that THAT ONE was my dream bike- I wouldn't buy anything else..wouldn't settle for anything else... took me seven years to make it come true..BUT NOW IT'S SITTING IN MY GARAGE!!! I go by and look at it and STILL have a hard time believing that I finally DO own it now....GOD has really blessed me...sorry for such a long post...my wife(blessed with her for a little over a year now too!!!) says that's all I ever want to talk about now....

4d_1.JPG

7_5_143.gif

36_1_1.gif

You can't post too long about Busas or the thrill of owning one. Hal, I just made a trip to the garage myself
beerchug.gif
. Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Quasar.

I remember that well. I also remember thinking to myself, "Are my b@lls big enough to ride that beast?" I rode a friends in 2000 and darn near peed myself. Was hooked!

I remember it and remember it well. I was stationed over seas at NCTS Diego Garcia and on my lunch break. I was walking by the magazine section in the little store there and saw it out of the corner of my eye when I was walking by. It was on the bottom shelf, behind other mags in a section that had nothing to do with bikes or cars or transportation....THE ONLY ONE....

I was drooling and wishing them.....and I am drooling and wishing now....but its on the way! The wife says so!!!
beerchug.gif

I remember thinking it was the ugliest bike id ever seen! LOL I guess my tasts have changed!

(GSXTacy @ Sep. 23 2006,12:11) I remember thinking it was the ugliest bike id ever seen! LOL  I guess my tasts have changed!
Just wondering if there will be any 14 comments following that post....LOL

Does anyone have a flyer of the 03 Anniversary edition they could scan or post pics of? Or did they ever make a flyer for it? I try to scrounge up as many old web images or clips of my bikes as I can find. When I was a kid I had a huge collection of Flyers from bike shops.

(Red05 @ Sep. 23 2006,07:34) You can't post too long about Busas or the thrill  of owning one. Hal, I just made a trip to the garage myself  
beerchug.gif
. Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Quasar.
On rainy days that keep me from riding, I often make little trips down to my basement to visit with my bikes. I look at them and reminisce about all the great places we've ridden to over the years. They've always gotten me there and back again EXCEPT for one incident when my 99 Hayabusa's 2nd gen CCT spring failed and my pistons collided with my valves. That was a 6-mile push home in 98-degree heat! I was completely saturated in my own sweat by 15 to 20 minutes later. It took me 3 hours to push that bad boy home but there was no way I was leaving it on the roadside.

Here’s some pics of the bent intake valves. Click on the images to enlarge them.

This pic shows the bent #4 intake valves. Keep in mind that the piston collided with these intake valves while at a mere idle of only 1,150 to 1,200-RPM while I was stopped at a stop sign...

This pic shows the cracked valve guides...

This pic shows the 2nd gen CCT (the CCT prior to the final and reliable oil/ratchet CCT) and its broken spring, which caused the major and expensive engine failure...

Back