Anyone own a tractor?

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Looking at buying a John Deere, or a Kubota, just wondering if anyone here has tractors. I have never even driven one, so I really do not know what the heck I am in for.

Looking at buying a John Deere, or a Kubota, just wondering if anyone here has tractors. I have never even driven one, so I really do not know what the heck I am in for.

My brother uses "mini" tractors everyday. He has used Kubota and Deere tractors and has told me the Deere has much smoother hydraulics. He found the Kubota to be jerky whereas the Deere is super smooth.

I have used the Deere as well and found it to be a great machine although I have little to compare it to.

The Deere he uses has quick attach implements (deck, blade, front end loader) and he said they are easier to use than Kubota. The price difference of the two is very similar and if you have dealers for each near you it is better (obviously).

They are both easy to operate.

My brother uses "mini" tractors everyday. He has used Kubota and Deere tractors and has told me the Deere has much smoother hydraulics. He found the Kubota to be jerky whereas the Deere is super smooth.

I have used the Deere as well and found it to be a great machine although I have little to compare it to.

The Deere he uses has quick attach implements (deck, blade, front end loader) and he said they are easier to use than Kubota. The price difference of the two is very similar and if you have dealers for each near you it is better (obviously).

They are both easy to operate.

The Deere is about $3500 cheaper but it is less tractor than the Kubota, lighter, less power. Have not pulled the trigger yet, still thinking about it.

New holland
I had a 4700 ford now a 40hp New Holland hydro they work for me! Rent vs own, the reasons are the same as for a car. Nope renting a car doesn't work for me either.

I have a Massey 4610. Might be a bit larger than you are looking for. What ya gonna use the tractor on?

The Deere is about $3500 cheaper but it is less tractor than the Kubota, lighter, less power. Have not pulled the trigger yet, still thinking about it.
Oddly my brother says the exact opposite for weight and power. His work has three Deere 1025's with all the attachments and he has had zero issues with them. I'd be happy with either...even the Massey Ferguson tractors look pretty good even though they are made in China (mini tractors).

Yep, I saw that about John Deer, but it has only to do with hacking the ECU. Has something to do with safety and emissions. I ended up pulling the trigger on a New Holland 40hp machine.

Really. Look it up. Starting in California we're more fruit/nuts grown in the US than other states
Never heard of that but of course, I haven't researched it either. Might be different here in Canada...?

I have a 60 HP John Deere hydrostatic. Nice tractor. Bigger than a mini but not what you would call a full size. Does blade work throws snow pulls a small plow through clay. Depends on what you mean by working the land. If renting doesn't work ( and you can rent for a season or two at a time) you might consider leasing for longer but not all year. That's if you do not plan to do anything involving snow clearing.

Congrats, but we're gonna need pics or it didn't happen...a 40hp tractor is a good sized machine!

A prob with John D when I was buying was the 30 40 and 50 horse (maybe up to 60) were the same block and internals just turned up and turboed. didn't make me feel good about working a 50 or 60 horse tiny block veery hard. :cool:
I loved my NH hydro but if I did it again I might get the reg geared unit as it is set and forget for mowing (maybe 70% of my work) and the hydro you have to "set the speed" every time you turn a corner.

Back