anyone ordered a custom seat from corbin

AQUADIOSMED

Registered
My wife's brother is an upholstery expert.

We made up our own "custom" seats, front and rear.

If I had a digital camera I'd post it for you. otherwise, I could send picture to soemone with scanner to post!

It looks great and works great!

[This message has been edited by AQUADIOSMED (edited 07 August 2000).]

i was on another(non-hayabusa) bullentin board, and read of guys ordering corbin seats made with 1 inch more foam on top, or moving the bucket forwards or back. anyone here try that? i'm a big guy and think an extra inch in hard foam could help aleviate
leg cramps on long rides. the stock corbin actually looks lower than the factory seat.
any experiences with custom ordering from corbin??

Don't buy the Corbin. It will look sweet when you get it but once you break it in it will look like crap. The problem is that they glue the leather directly to the foam. The seat will look "pock marked" once broken in. My seat is back at the factory because of this for 3 weeks and I still don't have it. I emailed them 4 times and have no answer. Send your seat pan to Sargent in the winter and let them set it up for you. They can do all of the mods you are talking about.

I have a (year old) corbin and love it, mine is the vinyl basket weave. I have see a few new leather corbins
lately and I don't think they look nearly as good as my year old vinyl one, seems like the workmanship
has slipped a bit.

Back