Anyone old enough to remember these?

I have all but the USA beer. I still have my collection from when I was a kid. I stated collecting when I was 7. Wife is pissed we moved 8 large boxes of beer cans. I am going to put them up in my garage...some day ???

Christina is making me keep them for the 'pool table room'...:rofl:

Ha...I grew up a few miles from the Olympia brewery....every time we got a out of town visitor, we had to take them to the brewery for the beer making tour....pretty cool stuff to a 10 year old. Even had a tasting room at the end of the tour...beer for the grown ups, and Coke and 7 Up (Dark and Light!) for the kids......the gift shop was cool too....I had a Olympia Beer skateboard!

What I really like is the JimBeam/Cola trying to hide itself deep within the 'beers' so as not to look too alcoholic.

Classic stuff.

I've seen two of those beer cans before.

I went on the oly tour, too. 4 times. Drank a few. I lived in Washington state for 6 years when I got out of the corps in 79 and Olympia was popular. I was a little bummed to think it wasn't made anymore, but it sounds like it may still be available up there. I think my first beer was a Hamms. They had a local brewery somewhere in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area, but I can't remember where. I won a case of buckhorn throwing hay bales when I was 16 in and had to hide it. I had like 1 per week and it lasted for months. I definately remember Billy but never drank one.

Ya know what's bad? Looking at those pics, I'm remembering when my dad still had to use a can opener to open some of those.

Christina is making me keep them for the 'pool table room'...:rofl:

James, I have a pool table & room, but the Wife said Hell no - Only in the garage. I am selling a home gym I don't use to make room for my garage bar, then I will put them up. And purchase a Kegerator.

A friend of mine in Middle School brought me back about 30 cans from a vacation in Europe in the 70's - pretty cans.

J.R. Ewing from "Dallas".. Olympia was a Coors imitation only tasted a little better and was from Olympia Washington.. yah, "BEER" was around here for a little while, nasty, but a good laxative.. seen the Jim Beam but prefere to mix my own.. not seen the USA beer before.. Buckhorn was another good laxative.. don't remember the Ringnes or Dixie but Billy Carter's stuff was around. Popular collectable can while, and for a while after, Jimmy was in office. Also nasty tasting and with high laxative qualities.
Go farther back, I remember when you had to pop two holes in the steel can with a can opener. I think Coors was one, if not the, first to use an aluminum can. One of the early aluminum cans had two little punch out hole things in the top, cut a nice little half moon in your thumb if you weren't careful.
Who here remembers the Hamms bear? "From The Land of Sky Blue Waters".

ya coors experimented with pop top cans that didnt have a throw away tab! And punching those holes in with your thumb would cut ya for sure! Hamms Beer Bear! I can still hear that song in my head!

I had a 6 pack of "Billy Beer" for years, but for the life of me I can't find it any more. I wouldn't drink the crap, but thought it would be worth something some day!

Back