anyone noticed the kanji on new image seats fading?

hemi

Registered
noticed the kanji embroidered logos on the sides of my new image seats have been fading lately. Anyone else? Have the black kanji's and they have turned to a slight greenish color. Went over them a few times with a sharpie which does the trick, but doesn't seem to last long. Asked Lee@New Image about it a month or so ago and he said i might have to sharpie over them sometimes if they start to fade, and to try and keep the logos covered while parked in the sun, so i normally put my gloves over them while parked. He said if they keep fading i could send them back, but i'm not sure what he could do. I would imagine it would not be easy to re-do the stitching

Mine havent faded but im wondering if there is some sort of pen fabric dye you can apply to the kanjis..... Im going to google it now and will let you know if i find something... I want to dye my kanjis silver..

thanks, i'll have to pick one of those up, should work much better. I'll just have to be real careful not to get it on the leather seat

Yeah real careful.... Im sure as with anything you have a small few second time frame to wipe it or clean it off with something. It shouldnt stick to the leather material of the seat as fast as the stitching. I just ordered 2 metallic silver ones :thumbsup:

I have the blue on mine and did noticed it changing also. Mine has been done for about 3 years now but spent most of the time inside. Now it sits out side under a cover. Mine was done at Tobin but I think Lee was there then.

Yeah, I noticed the Kanji on my Tobin is starting to fade. Can always mix up some red dye and brush it on if you don't want to use the paint marker.

Back