Anyone NOT want to go home for the holidays?

skater69

Registered
Mom keeps bugging me to book my flight so I can come home during the holidays for a week.  They're in Maryland...I'm in CA.  I keep putting it off.

I really have very little urge to go.  I'd have to stay at my parents...which I don't like....just don't like their relationship...never had.....loud, fighting, yelling....it's gotten better but they don't respect one another and I can't stand that.  Usually get stressed and antsy when I'm there and can't wait to jet.  I could stay at a motel or something but that would be pretty boring/lame plus my Parents would be insulted.  They're going to be insulted that I don't want to come home but I did visit them in August on a trip to San Francisco where they were visiting.

Also.....my g/f of almost 4 yrs split up recently and we were living back in Maryland this time last year.  I'm still dealing with that pain and think going home would just remind me of it more.  Just would rather not be around the area.  Cold, depressing.  I know my parents and some relatives really want to see me and it's selfish.  But I just really don't feel like going and dealing with the crazy travel time of the holidays.  All of it.  Figure I can go home for Thanksgiving next year.  Also my parents were supposed to come down here to visit a few weeks ago but cancelled it due to my sister (who also lives in San Diego) and her b/f having some problems.  But that's of course not my fault.  I'm going to be 36 in a month.  I figure I'm old enough now that if I don't feel like going, then I shouldn't go.  Honestly I'd like to stay here in San Diego, go riding during the holidays and keep my sanity.
I do feel a bit guilty about it since they want to pay for the plane ticket.

Any opinions/feedback appreciated.

<!--EDIT|skater69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128070273 -->

Wow. Tough situation. Got no opinion for you, bro, but can say I feel your angst. Been there, for sure. Whatever decision you make, I hope it works out for you.

J

Seems to me you already have your mind made up. i personally wouldn't want to go either. Why don't they come see you???

Seems to me you already have your mind made up.  i personally wouldn't want to go either.  Why don't they come see you???
Gotta agree with JMAZ -
If you don't want to be there it will just contribute to the collective misery. I would ask them to go see you instead, and give them the g/f reason - if they don't, then it is on them. I don't get a long with my parents either so I kind of understand what you are going through....
Good luck.

thats a tuff one all ya can do is go with what ya feel and realize that was the best decssion for you
smile.gif

You are right, you are old enough, don't go just to have others add to your misery. Stick around in San Diego and have a good time. Alternatively you could go to Thailand and have a really good time over the Holidays. I'll be back in San Diego at the end of next week and have my Rune there, let's get together for a ride...

I can put up with my parents(separated) for about an hour each. then its off to the loony bin.

I'd suggest asking them to fly out to you and they can stay in a hotel. might be a good get-away for them that will be enjoyable.

Even though you everything isnt perfect, your family will probably always be there for you whenever you need them. Maybe just go for a day or two? That way you get out there to see them, but you can leave before you go crazy.
rock.gif

Thanks guys...I've decided to suck it up and booked the trip. Getting in Thurs night and leaving Tues afternoon. I can handle a short trip out there without much problem.
Thx again for the input!

daum i got the semi sme delema brah.the wife wants to go but i have no reason to fly to alaska for a week(except for the wife). i hate flying(180 on the busa is cool but jets scare the fug outta me). i want the wife to go for a week to see the family then we can spend a week together alone, she says its seperate vacations, i dont see it that way.

ok my bad i vented in your thread bra, but i say do what will make you happy.

Back