anyone not storing but riding instead ?

Lannie_Settles

Registered
Yesrterday 40 degrees I added another 250 miles just to see if tough enough
well no problem I'm gonna try riding everyday possible
I noticed one big difference no bugs , thats a plus

yeah I keep telling myself I am "putting it up" for the winter but as soon as a nice day rolls around I'm stuck putting everything back together. I think I will just leave it together and start it at least once a week when its snow on the ground

I'll be riding through winter as long as there is no snow, salt/sand, or ice around that could cause problems. So far the coldest day I've rode it was 31 degrees at 0330 headin to work.

Nah don't store your bike...I've been riding for 24 years and I've never stored a bike...more pain than its worth. Just fire it up every couple of weeks..go for a ride if poss...and keep your battery up and you'll be fine
super.gif

Anything over 45 is ok for me, I put about 2500 on last winter but so far I've been too busy to ride much. Odometer has been stuck on 6600 since October and the weather has been great. Work sucks.........
mad.gif

Kinda have to ride her. She gets shipped on the 17th. I think I rode her when it was 38 degrees and froze my fingers off.
biggrin.gif

She really pulls hard with the cold air tho.:)

Stu

17 degrees outside going 65mph down I-65 on my way to work. That is cold!!!!
Can't see myself ever doing that again:):):):):laugh:

I ship the bike to South FL. and then ride 2 weeks @ the end of December, 2 weekends in Jan. & 1 week in Feb. 1 week in March and then the bake comes back to New England in March.

I'm undecided. No more than I'd prolly ride in the cold I'm thinkin' it'd prolly be better on the bike to properly winterize it and let it sit than to only run it a handful of times all winter... I dunno...

Storage, HA!! This is SoCal baby!!!

Though it was chilly this morning to work, 40degrees, but it'll warm up to 65!!!

i don't store either.. it normally sneaks up to 50ish atleast 2 days a month here in southwestern va so i try to sneak out atleast 1 day a month... or let it idle for 10-15 minutes a month at the very least.

the only thing I ever worry about is the gas going stale.. if I don't get to ride for 2-3 months.. but thats never happened so far.. we'll cross our fingers and see what happens next.

It's been bitterly cold (40's -60's) the last couple weeks in Phx so I haven't been able to ride much.

Painless4u, hows the weather in December in your country?, I may be visiting Rome at years end.

It's been bitterly cold (40's -60's) the last couple weeks in Phx so I haven't been able to ride much.

Painless4u, hows the weather in December in your country?, I may be visiting Rome at years end.
Oh gee, that's tough. Highs in the 60's.
biggrin.gif

I keep mine alive all winter. You never know when a nice day will pop up.

Of course, everyone's idea of a "nice" day is a little different
smile.gif

No storage here. It's been about 80 most every day for a month. I love Florida in the winter.
biggrin.gif

Back