Anyone looking for HID?

I second that. Thanks alot Bug. I would have gotten the HID but with the package I was able to share with my brother (even though I bit all the cost) and now he is riding brighter and safer than in the begining.

Bug....I really appreciate what you did for all of us. If it wasn't for you, I wouldnt have HID. Thank you very much, and I look forward to any other deals you stumble on in the future. Another cool thing about the deal was splitting the package with a another board member...funny how doing business with someone earns trust, respect, and friendship.
wink.gif
+100

Bug....I really appreciate what you did for all of us. If it wasn't for you, I wouldnt have HID. Thank you very much, and I look forward to any other deals you stumble on in the future. Another cool thing about the deal was splitting the package with a another board member...funny how doing business with someone earns trust, respect, and friendship.
wink.gif
+100
+101
+102

not to much knowledge on these hid kits can someone please explain t me what i need to have the yellow light and the brightest one. i have no idea where to start.

Question.  Just finised installing the HID earlier this evening.  I was wondering if anyone was having a similar issue with mine.  I fired up the bike and the HID was on and flickered as the starter was turning on the motor.  Once the motor fired up the HID went dead.  I had to turn the key to the off position and fire it up again and this time the HID stayed on.  My worry is that during the daytime, I dont run around to the front of my bike everytime to check if my headlight is on before I decide to go for a ride.  I never had this problem with my stock headlight bulb.

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137836816 -->

Do a search on HID and you will find Iceman's thread about hooking up a relay and a switch. What is happening is you are starving the balast for juice and it wont stay on. Alot of people (me included) have swapped the wires from the high to the low and low to the high. So that when you cut the bike on the HIGH beam becomes your low/constant on light. Then you have a switch to activate the HID and avoid starvation. If I am wrong here fellas let me know. I dont like the beams being backwards so when my yellow bulb comes in I will be REMOVING all my plastics again and swapping them around along with picking up a relay and toggle switch(another of Iceman's ideas).

Better Late then Never. Took longer than expected to get the pics up, but as promised here are the pics of the box & unit

Picture of the Box, instructions, and invoice
www.thevmc.com Link no longer works

Picture of the unit

Now this is a picture of Xenonking's HID - Hope you don't mind me using your Image of your website.

wink.gif
Thanks for the kind words bro ..... +1.....
idea.gif
idea.gif

idea.gif

How do the dual beam bulbs work? My ram has a 9007 bulb and it is both the high and low. I think the filliments in the stock bulb are just at different places as to hit the reflector lenses at different angles to get the difference in beams. What do these do to get the same effect?

The HID kit for the dual beams bulbs have a specialized motor I believe in them that tilts the bulb itself for the high beam effect. Thats what I have heard but I may be wrong.

You right big E.  Not only that tho..
another setup has second filament for high beam in separate bulb.

<!--EDIT|Vic_E55_2001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137896938 -->

stillenh4.jpg

Better Late then Never. Took longer than expected to get the pics up, but as promised here are the pics of the box & unit

Picture of the Box, instructions, and invoice

Picture of the unit

Now this is a picture of Xenonking's HID - Hope you don't mind me using your Image of your website.
It looks like the ignitor doesn't have a voltage warning sticker, and the power connector wasn't connected on mine (wrong type of connection).

Maybe we do have a knock-off? It's a bright knock-off if it is indeed a knock-off.

I'm a bit worried...

HID conversion kits ILLEGAL for road use, that why you`ll never find them in autostores. There is not such thing as retail package.

Back