Anyone looking for a steal of a deal??

Sweet deal I wish I could get it, I need that motor, harness, ecu, and radiator for mine

whoops never mind the ECU and airbox appear to be missing also, not such a good deal for me. ECU is expensive :laugh:

It says reserve not met. I wonder what the reserve is set at? That would be the deal breaker for me. If I had a garage I would seal that motor up and have a nice parts bike.

Perfect for someone who wants to make a cheap race bike!!!!!!!!!!

Remember/////One mans junk is another mans treasure!!

I would just be leary of it myself... plastics, gas tank, wheres the head light? tail lighting? the remainder of the exhaust? brake lever broke, bar end scuffed up. Then rebuilders title when all's said and done. This smells like something you could get into and there is more missing than you realize. Who knows if the motor runs or what happened to the bike during the process of it being stolen? Could possibly be a good deal if all you see is all thats wrong and you don't care about the rebuilder title. My dad forwarded the link to me lastnight and i got to looking and wondering about it. I'm just not much of a gambling man myself

Perfect for someone who wants to make a cheap race bike!!!!!!!!!!

Remember/////One mans junk is another mans treasure!!

That would be the only thing I could see it being an ok deal for. If you were going race body work anyways, etc. I think there are some organizations that won't allow you to have a rebuilders salvage title and compete but i could be wrong

If I won that bike for say $4k. I can fix it myself for under $1500. So you'd have a gen2 for $5500. Salvage title isn't a big deal here. One the bike is finished apply for a clear title and your done. So that is a pretty good deal. If the motor and frame is good that's not a bad deal.
Posted via Mobile Device

Learn something new every day, I just thought once a salvage title always a salvage title, shows what I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learn something new every day, I just thought once a salvage title always a salvage title, shows what I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it is a gamble. how do i know. i bought a 2007 with a salvage title.

it had been laid down. plastics can total a bike.

anyhoo, the guy that bought it is a used bike dealer that buys and sells bikes like that a lot. i did all the research of the vin# and whatnot and in the state of tennessee you CAN rebuild a bike and after it passes a state inspection you get a clear title that comes with a little sticker that says it has passed said inspection. dont know about other states but thats how it works in tennessee.

bike had 5800 miles on it and looked good. however the gamble came into play cause the tranny was bad. 2nd gear of course. but the guy did help me out with it. he paid some and i paid some. ended up gettin the bike for $6200 with the undercut tranny and pictured as you see it in my avitar.

my experience.

Back