Anyone Lift Rear of Bike with rear stand and steel rod Axel?

PJ267

Registered
Does anyone lift the rear of the bike, using a rear stand (made for spools) and a steel rod through the rear tire axel? thanks

Steel Rod through axel just seems easier? Is there anything bad that could go wrong? tire shifting, i have seen it but was wondering if anyone does it! Thanks

Stand and swingarm spools is accepted practice. Also, for certain needs, a rod into the swingarm pivot point works as well. Raydog

P1000681.JPG

P1000684.JPG

Steel Rod through axel just seems easier? Is there anything bad that could go wrong? tire shifting, i have seen it but was wondering if anyone does it! Thanks

It would work for chain lubing but not very well for chain adjusting (weight of bike being borne on the very item you're adjusting). Raydog

I have done it on my 1000 several times because one spool is broke off the swingarm on it, and it works great for cleaning and lubing chain.

you dont need spools just thread in some bolts, then take them out when your done

The axle holes are different sizes on each size of the bike I believe. I would be worried about it tilting.

Back