Anyone know how to actual resolve an issue with Facebook?

Odin

Registered
I made a Facebook account because my youngest son became a Marine. The Marines said to make a Facebook account to use their Sandboxx app and to connect with other parents of Marines. So I did, I posted only two pics on the account one of my oldest son graduating from USF last year, the other of my youngest son being sworn into the Marines at the Miami MEPS. However a few days later I am told my account is disabled. So I sent in my Florida driver’s license, even my Florida concealed weapons permit to show that I am real and I am who I say I am. What does it take to get my account up and running so I can be part of the Marine parent group and show my pride of my child serving the country.
Facebook never acknowledges the proof of ID's I send them, they just won't let me sign in at all, says account disabled. Their help number literally tells you to go to their help center, which only allows you to send your ID's to them and no comments at all. So aside from giving up any suggestions what I could do to get this taken care of?

I have been on FB for 10 years and never had that issue. Did you forget your PW? I would think they can help you or maybe you can make another account.

Is the form link here what you used? Did they say how long it takes for them to review it? How long has it been? Keep in mind they probably ban thousands of times a day, so it might take a human weeks before they review your case.

Were you told why it was disabled? Too many tries with the wrong password? Your account name is not real and maybe they only allow real names? Their stupid software mistakenly flagged your pictures as offensive?

Account is my real name, and yes I used that link, about 10 days ago. I will post the pics I had up. The first 2 are of my sons Thor and Orion. Orion is the tall one in the back row of the second pic. The other pic of my pool in my backyard I posted as the one for everyone to see , as the account isn't about me its about my son's. I don't see how any of the pics are offensive. Password works just brings up a screen saying account disabled.

IMG_0065.JPG

thumbnail8.jpg

HPIM1289.JPG

Here is the problem with trying to make another Facebook account. My Sandboxx app which I paid about $100 to send my son mail to boot camp on, yes they charge you to print a photo and letter to give to the recruit, is linked to my now disabled Facebook account. So my phone app has never been signed out of and I can still use it as long as I never let the phone battery die on it. However I can't use the computer to write as I can't sign in on the now disabled account.

I personally knew your pictures were not offensive before ever seeing them. However, I am a critical thinker. To the types of people that run Facebook, the military is offensive (service branch logos are seen on the wall), taking a pledge/responsibility is offensive, you get what I mean.

Did you get a confirmation that FB is reviewing the case or no?

Do you know if the e-mail address you registered with them is valid, aka have you at least gotten at least one e-mail from FB since you signed up? They may need that to contact you so your responsibility there is critical.

I would not hesitate to fill out the form again. Hound them as it is all you have. I think you are at their mercy and have to wait it out for now.

If you do not mind being intellectually dishonest for a minute, you could go to social media like Twitter and state that you were banned from Facebook for photos that include a pledge and military logos. That is the kind of thing that will garner a million views and get this reviewed faster. (They have actually been accused of this very thing.) I suspect you are not that type of person. But on the other hand, FB is a monopoly that you have to have, and they unfairly put you in a corner with no recourse. Two sides can play dirty pool.

Yeah I got one facebook reply to my email saying looks like your having trouble with your account , log in with one click, I click it then says your account has been disabled.

Nothing from them reviewing the case.

I don't really have any social media. This is the only site you can say I am social on at all. I just really wanted to use the computer to write to my son, but may be stuck writing to him on the phone app or mailing him things I write on the computer.

Sand box is kind of not worth it. Takes nearly same time as sending it your self.
I have two sons who are Marines. The 1st son I hand wrote @ MCRD. My 2nd son I started with sand box but ended by hand writing. I thank you for your son's service.
Fyi I'm replying by phone on vacation. If you want better details on sand box you can pm me for a phone #

yeah going to use the 8 paid letters I have left on the phone app then go to using the mail. Sucks you can make a Facebook account just to really honor your children, then they take it down over not liking the Military, which is all I can assume, as it's my real name and everything.

I have two sons who are Marines. The 1st son I hand wrote @ MCRD. My 2nd son I started with sand box but ended by hand writing. I thank you for your son's service.
Thank you for both your son's service.

Odin don't feel to bad. Only got 1 photo of my boy on the bus just before the yellow foot prints.
Sand box is nice to send a photo to him.
He is black T shirt on right back a few rows.
To short to see over seat in front

DSC_4240.JPG

Nice.

Mine had wanted to be a Marine since 14 but I had him talked into college first, so I thought. He then brought the ex wife over , they were both sitting in the living room when I got home, which was flipping my anger switch since she isn't allowed in my house. He said I invited mom over since I want to talk to you both at once and know you won't go to her house. I am pausing my college and going into the Marine reserves but I am doing boot camp, SOI, and my MOS training all at once so wont be back in college until next spring. Just letting you guys know. What could I say I was proud of him making the decision. The ex freaked out , which made it all the better for me, LOL.

How did you get the bus pic?

Cool picture of grandson and grandfather..here in Canada, once you leave the military, your right to wear a military uniform is no longer valid.

I and many of my friends abandoned Facebook as it became a pain in the arse, too many idiots on that platform and very little administrative oversight.

Don't miss it for a second...this forum is about the only computer activity I have now.

Son's recruiter said Facebook was the way for Marine parents to interact with each other. Basically sharing the common experiences the sons daughters have during the military service.however some reason I was booted in less than a week off so Facebook and told I wasn't a real person.they asked me to send ID and approve it . I did and they still told me I wasn't a real person.
So I don't have interactions with the other parents but I just stayed in touch with my son during boot camp he was happy to graduate can you can't wait for his 10 days to be up at leave so he can go to SOI training. I don't know what the law here in the US is about the military uniform but my dad wears it when he has to go out with the grandkids to some special event or something where they want to see him in it.

Back