Anyone know about this road?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Wow I had a surprise on this recent road trip. The beartooth scenic hwy just outside the northeast corner of Yellowstone park. I never heard of it but the scenery and the twisties were steller!

Also they apparently have a biker rally there every July.
Beartooth Rally

We`saw a bunch of Goldwings and a number of sport tourer bikes too but no real kneedragger bikes.

Any of you been there? The summit was 10K or so elevation...
wish I had my bike instead of the Harley road king.

epic_trip_04_072.jpg

After we arrived in Red Lodge (only 25 miles from the summit) they told us that 2 weeks before it was 90 degrees in town and snowing on the summit.  It was windy and cold on top but oh so awesome!
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095137238 -->

epic_trip_04_075.jpg

Damn...should have said you were coming out to MT....I live 20 mins from Red Lodge. They have a huge get together there called the Iron Horse Rodeo. I was only a couple of sportbikes and the only Busa there that day. I got some real good pics of some nice looking bikes. A few people end up getting killed on that highway every year. Awesome road though. Actually planning on going through there in a week or so. It's the guys on the new 600's that are gonna be hurtin on that trip. Uncomfie on those new bikes. Did you make it to Billings? When did you go?

Wayne

Hell Yeah! I grew up in Cody, skied in Red Lodge and rode my snowmobile on that highway every winter for years....

I've been dying to get the busa up there, but just havn't had the chance. Probably won't make it up this fall until after it's closed...major bummer. Still have the cabin in Crandall though, so I'll just bring the snow machines....

Good to see pics from home!

Glad you liked it.

Monty

Sorry DL I didnt even know that road existed till an innkeeper in west yellowstone told us about it. I hit some gravel on a few of the turns but was just puttin along on the road king. Here's the link to my ride post .
That was the best part too
thumbs-up.gif

Back