Anyone into RC aircraft?

Yellow09

Registered
That is amazing for sure , and how about the chaff , that alone was impressive . Wonder what sort of $ you would be looking at there , let alone time racked , learnt to pilot such a beast .
I'd imagine one could buy a new Hayabusa and mod it like c10's for less than this aircraft cost.

You Tube is full of videos like this and they are amazing to watch but the kicker is seeing these aircraft in person. I went to an RC airshow once and was overwhelmed by the skills many of these pilots and builders possess.

Yellow09

Registered
That's so cool. I would hate to crash one with the expense. Do they insure them :D
You know, I'm not sure....that's a good question...

At the last one I was at, a pilot crashed a beautiful F-18 and by the way he was crying, I'm not sure he was insured...hard to tell...the engines alone were over 6 grand I heard.

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
The true test of a model builder is does the model fly like the real plane. I see huge 747 models that are twitchy and quick in the air and those planes are very stable. This A-10 flies exactly like the real plane with a slowish lumbering sort of agility that you can identify when the plane is just a distant silhouette. Then with the gun and the chaff it looks every bit the real thing.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
I love RC aircraft, would love to have a helo, but, these types of aircraft are based on the premise you wont crash it, and I would crash it. But still, to have an Airwolf RC chopper would be a blast.

E Zurcher

Registered
The true test of a model builder is does the model fly like the real plane. I see huge 747 models that are twitchy and quick in the air and those planes are very stable. This A-10 flies exactly like the real plane with a slowish lumbering sort of agility that you can identify when the plane is just a distant silhouette. Then with the gun and the chaff it looks every bit the real thing.
With modern radio systems stability can be dialed in using flight stabilization units. These were initially used on helis as heading hold gyros and then as flybarless flight controllers. Now even small foam bodied aircraft can fly like a large aircraft in winds that used to make them unflyable. Today's tech is amazing I. the RC world.

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Busabro33