Anyone into Krav Maga?

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
I have trained in a few different disciplines over the years, most recently with Dale Apollo Cooks schools here in Tulsa. I have been reading about Krav Maga and there is one school in Oklahoma and it happens to be in Tulsa, but I am not sure if it is still open. I started with Karate in middle school and then continued in California attending a few tournemants. Didnt do much when I moved back to Oklahoma till a few years ago and started going to Cooks schools where I was introduced to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I loved it, but had to drop out. Now I am looking for something else and to start training again. Anyone have any experience with Krav Maga and how is/was it?

I've had several years of Karate myself, but back problems prevent me from anything else I'de like to do. I just try to maintain. I've seen some of what your talking about too, and the Israeli's are some bad dudes:laugh:
I'de definately give it a shot if I could! Try it!

i had a friend that was really into it. i did a few classes but as i also trained as a mms fighter i didn't have much time.

I've been doing kyokushin karate for years but I work with a few guys who do krav and they love it. Their instructor came to our work and gave a demo and he was really fast. I would say definitely give it a go. It would be my next choice if I ever decided to change styles.

Hey James , From what I've seen of it , It looks pretty straight forward.. ( which to me is a good thing) . I was getting into the arts when I was 16 ( I just turned 48) with kick boxing and some Tae kwon do.. then jiu Jitsu , karate - Wado ryu and Shuri ryu. Trained with the Gracies , trained in kajukenbo & JKD and actually had my own Mix arts school from 99- 2009. Most arts have some good , some are more direct than others . I wish I could live to be 200+ years old. There just isnt enough time it seems to do all I want to do.. I've let the arts go for a while and seriously hit the gym to throw in some slabs .. I wish I could train in both but when working 50-60 hrs a week there just isnt enough time. The gym is 24-7 so that makes it easy .. But I sure do miss the mats and sparing .. As soon as I can get more solid muscle put on , or actually More than I want , Then I'll head back to the dojo... I was usually 200 lbs 6'1 but since 2009 I've gained a good solid 25 lbs , and do some very very serious leg workouts.. If I can get to 235 -240 lbs I'll head back to the mats .... Good thread

Hey James , From what I've seen of it , It looks pretty straight forward.. ( which to me is a good thing) . I was getting into the arts when I was 16 ( I just turned 48) with kick boxing and some Tae kwon do.. then jiu Jitsu , karate - Wado ryu and Shuri ryu. Trained with the Gracies , trained in kajukenbo & JKD and actually had my own Mix arts school from 99- 2009. Most arts have some good , some are more direct than others . I wish I could live to be 200+ years old. There just isnt enough time it seems to do all I want to do.. I've let the arts go for a while and seriously hit the gym to throw in some slabs .. I wish I could train in both but when working 50-60 hrs a week there just isnt enough time. The gym is 24-7 so that makes it easy .. But I sure do miss the mats and sparing .. As soon as I can get more solid muscle put on , or actually More than I want , Then I'll head back to the dojo... I was usually 200 lbs 6'1 but since 2009 I've gained a good solid 25 lbs , and do some very very serious leg workouts.. If I can get to 235 -240 lbs I'll head back to the mats .... Good thread

:thumbsup:

I'm a fellow Wadoman as well as a Heiwa-do practitioner. I was very fortunate in my early years to be allowed to train with one of the Gracies in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It was only for 3 weeks but it was incredibly intense, painful and fun!
I was their American ookie. :bowdown:

Royler Gracie - Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

I've studied boxing, muay thai, BJJ, and wrestling, I did read a book about krav and thought it was interesting but never started. Good luck with it if you choose to practice.

I cant get ahold of anyone at the school. The phone number does not work. I may be out of luck at this point for this style. I will keep looking around and see what I can come up with.

I got a black belt from walmart, does that count?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Back