Anyone interested in a pic heavy build thread?

Boosted Cycle Perf

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
Figured I'd check. Nothing more aggravating then to put up a build thread and no one reads it.

What is it? Just a gen 2...with a 35r...and an ultra plenum...

Set up to hurt feelings at tx2k14.

Takers?

Well I would love to see pictures of insides of a busa motor and of a lock up and how they go together. I did a little research on them and understand how they work I just have never seen one in person. I really enjoyed the pic heavy thread frank did earlier this year. It's cool seeing the in process pics instead of what everyone else shows which is parts on counter then a finished bike.

Always love reading big build threads. Maybe one day be able to afford my own lol.

Well I would love to see pictures of insides of a busa motor and of a lock up and how they go together. I did a little research on them and understand how they work I just have never seen one in person. I really enjoyed the pic heavy thread frank did earlier this year. It's cool seeing the in process pics instead of what everyone else shows which is parts on counter then a finished bike.

Like this?
null_zpsc49da435.jpg

null_zpsb0828df2.jpg

Like this?

Yes exactly like that. I'm with wolf man, I'm slowly saving up for my turbo build and have never been inside a busa motor. I would like to do it myself but dont want to screw anything up. Cam degreeing scares the crap out of me on these motors. I have never rebuilt anything that redlines at 11,000 rpm. :laugh:

Yes exactly like that. I'm with wolf man, I'm slowly saving up for my turbo build and have never been inside a busa motor. I would like to do it myself but dont want to screw anything up. Cam degreeing scares the crap out of me on these motors. I have never rebuilt anything that redlines at 11,000 rpm. :laugh:

What's degreeing cams? I thought they only get as hot as the rest of the engine.
ab121512.jpg

Lol! Jk man.

It's really not hard, just time consuming specially if you like to get your numbers 100% on the nose. Really the hardest part is setting up the indicator so it's perfectly straight, and doesn't rub on the cam.

I usually only build engines in the summer when I'm slow, but seeing as I have 3 turbo bikes I'm doing right now, with 2 more planned in the next month for turbos, I might have knecum do this engine. We will see. All depends on my workload.

These pictures are awesome. So newb question. I have rebuilt v8s and use a ring compressor on the piston, tighten it up and pop them into the block. How do you compress the rings on all four pistons and get the jug down without breaking a ring?

Suzuki makes a ring compressor. However you can just use your fingers. Works the best of you don't cut your nails. But the bottoms of the cylinders have a little taper to them.

I usually put cylinders 2 and 3 at the top if they're stroke. (So 1 and 4 are at the bottom.) set the jugs on, and compress the rings with your fingers, and walk the jugs down a little at a time. Once all of them are in, spin the crank a little until the other 2 are touching the jugs and repeat.

Whenever I've done engines they've always had promod studs which makes it easy to work with. If I would ever have to use stock head bolts I'm sure it would make for a very frustrating day.

I fitted the pistons first one by one in the cylinder block.
then put the pins and clips in 2&3.
rotate till all pistons are at equal length and fit 1&4.

this way i know for sure that the piston rings are fitted propperly, only downside you need a steady hand so you dont drop the retainer ring in the crankcase but it worked out alright.

Scrapped that arm and got a new one. It actually pushed the threads in too.

I'd love to say it was brute power that broke it, but I think the arm was defective, and putting a ton of power to it made it give up the ghosts.

I know just enough to adjust my idle, but seeing pics of what builders are doing is pretty cool. Especially when there's some text to let us know what's going on. I vote yes.

Back