ANYONE IN SAN DIEGO? NEED HELP PUTTING MY BIKE BACK TOGETHER

D_phi_D

Registered
I took the fairings and some other stuff off of my Busa, a while back to be painted. Got the parts back and in the midst of getting my fairings back, I purchased a Honda VTX cruiser. Had fun with it, and now i want to put my Busa back together and have fun with it.... BUT I am not comfortable with doing it by myself. I did label most of the stuff and have it sitting in a box beside a naked Busa...lol

Well it would be nice if someone would want to or even direct me to someone or folk that will aid me in getting it done.

Thanks in advance..

Deephi.....

Can you post a list of what needs to be done? Gen 1 or 2? Is it just the plastics that were pulled? All the plastics? Was the nose pulled off? Did you keep/have the fasteners? Posted pics would be a great help. I'm not much of a mechanic, but if it's just the bodywork, I'm not that far away (Inland Empire)

Dear,its about 1500 miles...San Diego to Houston. There will be someone closer. He's prolly concerned about scratching up freshly painted plastic.
Rubb.

hey bros,

damn so far away? sorry

i didn´t use google-maps to look 4 the distance

did u send him already a link to the manual pdf?

and against scratches i allways use painter stripe to protect the "line" at the cockpit´s end between it and side fairing.

Can you post a list of what needs to be done? Gen 1 or 2? Is it just the plastics that were pulled? All the plastics? Was the nose pulled off? Did you keep/have the fasteners? Posted pics would be a great help. I'm not much of a mechanic, but if it's just the bodywork, I'm not that far away (Inland Empire)

My bad forgot to post that up....
Its a 2002 (Gen 1) and yes all the plastics.(freshly painted) along with the tank( where i am sure i dont remember where all the gas lines are to go)

Ill go and take some pictures later on and post them...

I have all the fasteners (actually purchased new ones, a Kit)

Nobody can tell you how to feel. If you feel you lack the confidence to re-install yer parts yourself then definately get help. There are so many ways to mess up yer fresh paint.There is a lot that needs to be re-installed.There are smart ways to do it. As Berlin mentioned above the use of green painters tape along edges to be joined is a great way to prevent scratches. I have been taking Busa plastic off/on for 20 years on my 5 Busa's both Gen I and II and it is still nerve racking. It does get easier with each time thou. When buying used plastic the seller often mentions broken tabs. *hint*
The dash pieces,spreading the tail section,lowering the tank etc,all present challenges. I dont recall ever fugging mine up,but the possibilty is there.
If you take your time...ask us questions along the way,you could do it.
A Gen I is a cake walk compared to a II in my opinion. Somebody who has done it multiple times could have it done in no time.
Good luck... :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Nobody can tell you how to feel. If you feel you lack the confidence to re-install yer parts yourself then definately get help. There are so many ways to mess up yer fresh paint.There is a lot that needs to be re-installed.There are smart ways to do it. As Berlin mentioned above the use of green painters tape along edges to be joined is a great way to prevent scratches. I have been taking Busa plastic off/on for 20 years on my 5 Busa's both Gen I and II and it is still nerve racking. It does get easier with each time thou. When buying used plastic the seller often mentions broken tabs. *hint*
The dash pieces,spreading the tail section,lowering the tank etc,all present challenges. I dont recall ever fugging mine up,but the possibilty is there.
If you take your time...ask us questions along the way,you could do it.
A Gen I is a cake walk compared to a II in my opinion. Somebody who has done it multiple times could have it done in no time.
Good luck... :thumbsup:
Rubb.
thanks my brother.... i think i will pull out my manual and MAYBE give it a try...lol

thanks my brother.... i think i will pull out my manual and MAYBE give it a try...lol
Atta boy..."No prisoners"... :laugh: The sides to the nose is where you wanna tape up.(see pic) The dash can be finicky (break tabs). Spread the tail section wide so as not to scratch the bottom.Don't pinch the fuel line when you lower the tank,stuff like that. I painted this Busa almost 20 years ago. Stock Busa has 8 painted parts...I painted 37 of them. LOL. Did all the polish myself too.
You'll be fine...take yer time.
Rubb.

2000 busa.jpg

I took the fairings and some other stuff off of my Busa, a while back to be painted. Got the parts back and in the midst of getting my fairings back, I purchased a Honda VTX cruiser. Had fun with it, and now i want to put my Busa back together and have fun with it.... BUT I am not comfortable with doing it by myself. I did label most of the stuff and have it sitting in a box beside a naked Busa...lol

Well it would be nice if someone would want to or even direct me to someone or folk that will aid me in getting it done.

Thanks in advance..

Deephi.....
Did you find out what this is? Lol

16153494403489131480440955183051.jpg

Putting mine back together now.. I have two of these and I'm sure the hell can't figure it out

Back