Anyone holding out for a 2019 Gen3?

08BusaKY

Registered
I was thinking of waiting for the 19 Busa to come out before buying my 18.
Then I thought about first year issues, price increases, and waiting for aftermarket parts to be released.
Also the GEN2 aftermarket parts may become cheaper.

I will wait until the next gen is out a couple years to see what Kaw does to compete. Kaw is now ahead of the game and no doubt poised to spring a Gen3 ZX-14 when they need to. I don't think I want to end up owning the same gens busa and 14 a second go-round because I couldn't make up my mind. There's a hundred bikes I could buy for better handling than either the busa or the 14. Big power is what the hyperbikes have to offer so I want the biggest and baddest. Regardless of the power, I think the Hayabusa is always going to be a better all around bike than the 14 though. Another thing to consider is the modification platform the new bike presents. I will take a turbo Gen1 busa in pristine condition over a turbo gen2 ZX-14.

No . If it ever happens it will not fit the bill of how I built my Gen 2 . Aftermarket support will take a few years to offer anything like what is available for Gen 1 / Gen 2 bikes .

As I just got the one I have now..and am lucky to have this, a '19 is waaaay out of my wheelhouse. I wanted to buy and inexpensive Hayabusa to see if I like it first..

How much more power does a bike really need anyway? The need of a bike like an H2 alludes me and a supercharged/turbo'd Hayabusa or ZX14 is a lot of bike.

As I just got the one I have now..and am lucky to have this, a '19 is waaaay out of my wheelhouse. I wanted to buy and inexpensive Hayabusa to see if I like it first..

How much more power does a bike really need anyway? The need of a bike like an H2 alludes me and a supercharged/turbo'd Hayabusa or ZX14 is a lot of bike.
300+ for me, or there’s not enough to make me trade my 08.

Possibly.
My gen 2 is way more than capable of my performance requirements. Only thing that would make me want to sell gen 2 and buy gen 3 is if I thought it looked cooler and...it handles better, which would probably= lighter

I will probably never take advantage of all the capabilities my 18 has.

I do hope they update some things on the 19. They need to go with LED lighting all around, make the oil filter changeable without removing the fairing, update the dash and instruments. Standard adjustable rear sets would be cool but I do not see that happening.

Detachable luggage would be cool but I know there are other bikes that fill that need. Just like more handlebar options.

You guys talk lighter , but guess you never rode 670 lb FJR or 700 lb ST1300 . My 543 pound Bird is no R6 @ 430 , but it sure isn't a fat pig either . If I took the racks off , and a few other changes it would be 518 lb approximately. With today's strict Sound , and emissions regulations any big bore bike is going to be near 600 lb . The Kawasaki H2 SXE is 574 lb , and its 1000 cc super charged . That is 31 lb heavier than my Bird !

You guys talk lighter , but guess you never rode 670 lb FJR or 700 lb ST1300 . My 543 pound Bird is no R6 @ 430 , but it sure isn't a fat pig either . If I took the racks off , and a few other changes it would be 518 lb approximately. With today's strict Sound , and emissions regulations any big bore bike is going to be near 600 lb . The Kawasaki H2 SXE is 574 lb , and its 1000 cc super charged . That is 31 lb heavier than my Bird !
My Busa doesn't feel very heavy considering my Gen 1 Bandit is pretty much the same weight..
Of course the Yosh system saved a pile of weight. When I picked up the bike, they gave me the stock exhaust..wow, those things are heavy.

Yellow my exhaust can , and pipe ( titanium ) is 9 pounds for all of it . complete stock gen @ is 45 lb 11 oz
Each can is 15 lb 6 oz , and header is 14 lb 15 oz
I can believe that for certain...I carried the stock exhaust back to my shed and they were heavy...I have never sat on a stock Busa to compare. My bike would be what 518lbs wet?

I remember the stock can on my Bandit was like having a hot water tank hanging off the side. When I put the titanium Hindle on it, I immediately felt the difference.

Yellow your new exhaust is Stainless so its around 15 to 25 lb depending on if its still Dual exhaust or a single .
Doubt you have a shori battery yet saving ten pounds , and many other items that add up . Example LSL top tripple clamp with handle bars is 4 lb lighter than stock top clamp . 589 is stock wet weight so your probably in the 555 to 560 range wet .

My Busa doesn't feel very heavy considering my Gen 1 Bandit is pretty much the same weight..
Of course the Yosh system saved a pile of weight. When I picked up the bike, they gave me the stock exhaust..wow, those things are heavy.

I know that feeling well. Although I prefer the look of twin pipes on my Honda, the weight savings was astounding when I switched to this 6 into 1 setup. The pair of OEM 3 into 1 exhaust cans were

really heavy. It seemed to just fall into the corners with the Kerker.
F76C5FEA-4400-4048-8AB1-219E3F870D9D.jpeg

/\ /\ /\ that's a serious pipe......and a very clean and rare ride.

I too like the look of twin pipes especially on the Hayabusas.....in the picture of my avatar, I thought it had them,
I was only slightly disappointed it has a single pipe. After looking at everything else it has, I dismissed the disappointment.

I know the hayabusa isnt near as heavy as alot of bikes out there, and my opinion is (as I'm learning to ride more skillfully) it actually handles and corners very well at slow speeds or even single corners at high speeds.
But its when taking consecutive turns one right after the other at high speeds is when it starts becoming a bear to get it to flip one side to the other. And I know the busa wasnt intended to be a corner carver or be able to go through the twisties like these modern 600 amd liter bikes can, but, it would be a nice little bonus if it could :thumbsup:
Course, I guess then it could start taking away from the touring/comfort part of it, which I also enjoy

Back