Anyone here ride a DRZ?

My buddy has one and it has become his favorite bike. His SV650 just sits now, he rides the drz eveywhere.

Not looking to replace the Bus, just want a badassed enduro. I've had a few in the past, but technology has improved since my XT, TS, MT, etc.

I just sold one, it was an 03 model. They are good transportation and are fun to ride off road if you have the place to do it. I sold mine and got my BUSA. After awhile on the street there boreing!! If you solo ride there fine but they dont double really well and the interstate sucks.... They like it below 65...

Not looking to road-trip with it, basically want a decent dirt bike that is street legal. Emphasis on dirt, street capabilities not really important. Want something fairly quick as well. The DRZ seems to fit the bill. A friend of mine just picked up a new KLR 650, but it's too old school and too clunky.

Wondering if these things are at all fast. Never ridden one, the closest I have to compare it to would be a YZF 450 Yamaha which is a beast. I'm sure it's not as quick as that, but does it compare at all?

The DRZ has pretty decent power. It will me my next bike. I want a doublesport as well. I'm gonna go for the electric start mdl.

My little bro has a KLR650, the rides he takes just sound like a total kick. he loves his bike...it is a heavy, old school machine, not too great off road. Great on a gravel/dirt road though.

They are very quick and they have gobs or torque, thats after a pipe change and jetting. In stock form they arent much to brag about. A pipe and jetting will net you about 5-6 HP and on a bike that only makes around 40 this is a big improvement. Before I made the mods it would only power wheelie in 1st gear, after in would in second also. You can save allot of $$ by gutting the stock pipe if you like. The slip-ons for those are about $400.00

Here's My Baby!

IMG_1133smX.jpg

I'm actually thinking very hard about picking one up. If I wasn't buying a V-strom this spring, I would be all over one. they seem like a ton of fun.

One thing that I dislike about them is that the footpegs ride directly in the frame, seems kinda throwaway, a bad getoff that dings the peg will bend the peg mount..which is..the frame. If your state allows easy titling of offroad bikes like mine I would consider an XR650R.

You may want to check out the Husaburg. They are spendy but have all the hot stuff in suspension, brakes and I think they put out around 60 HP. Tons of power and very light. One of my friends has one and it is very impressive!

i have 2 guys i ride with both have drz400 and i have dr650 very fun bikes take them off road or on they are fun zipping around town the busa has its fun points as well but good to have both to play on .
cool.gif

Bit the bullet and picked up my new toy. After just 2.5 miles I can tell this will be fun. Now I have something to ride when it's too sloppy out for the Busa. This one's supposed to get dirty.

DRZ_Day_1_001.jpg

Right On!
biggrin.gif

I don't care what anybody tells you.......Rid'in the dirt improves your skill's!
I have a Two Mtn. Range that I ride every week. It keeps you in shape and your skill's sharp.
Good Luck with your new Baby!
tounge.gif

Back