Anyone here had luck with battery tender lithium battery brand?

Hauie

My stock battery died after like 1500 miles on the bike. Cell went bad, won’t even take a charge. Looking for options for batteries that’ll last. Bike has most minor bolt ons, HID conversion and LED body lights that is on a switch. Suggestions would help :).

Wow only 1500 miles, did the bike sit for a long period of time? If not I’d make sure that nothing your charging system is functioning properly or that any accessories added are not drawing excessive current/amperage/voltage. Can’t speak on the Tender Lith battery though

My stock battery died after like 1500 miles on the bike. Cell went bad, won’t even take a charge. Looking for options for batteries that’ll last. Bike has most minor bolt ons, HID conversion and LED body lights that is on a switch. Suggestions would help :).

I’ve had a Scorpion lithium battery and a CTEK tender for a couple years now and all’s good so far.

Wow only 1500 miles, did the bike sit for a long period of time? If not I’d make sure that nothing your charging system is functioning properly or that any accessories added are not drawing excessive current/amperage/voltage. Can’t speak on the Tender Lith battery though

That’s what was a little weird honestly. The bike sat without a tender over last winter in my heat controlled garage and I just turned it on every two weeks and let it sit in first gear for 10-15 miles on the stands. But I’m guessing because I’m only going back and forth to work 2-3 times a week 5-6 minutes away, it’s not having time to charge? Or maybe I left my LEDs on, which isn’t something that I’d do. But I rode it back and forth to work on Thursday, Sunday the battery was drained. Lights and dash won’t come on so I took the battery out and sat it on a tender for 38 hours. No charge, took it to dealership and they said the cell is bad.

Since I’m new to the bike scene, can you guys suggest what brand/charges I should be looking for? The Suzuki dealership here only carries the battery tender and another brand that I haven’t heard of for lithium. They said they can give me an OEM one for 120$, but that’s ridiculous when I can pay 50$ more and save 7lbs.

What year Busa? Some models 2008-2009, they had a recall for a Voltage Regulator.
1500 miles battery, It is not normal to have a problem.

What year Busa? Some models 2008-2009, they had a recall for a Voltage Regulator.
1500 miles battery, It is not normal to have a problem.
Hi. I have a ALIEN MOTION battery lithium for 3 yrs now. I have not used it in 2 yrs. It started the Busa all the time hot or cold. It has set by my bed for 2 yrs now, I check the voltage every 12 weeks. I have had to charge it one time in 2 yrs, I use a standard charger set a 2 volts. My HD battery sits next to it when I take it out in the cold. That battery is now 5 yrs old now I charge it every 4 weeks at 2 volts. I just checked the voltage on the ALIEN MOTION it is 12.83 volts. And yes the Kelly my girl friend bit-hs about that too and the cases,head and all the bike parts all over the bedroom.

I messaged frank, but he didn’t respond. Turns out he’s no longer a part of the org, he set me up with a 360 full spectrum lithium for 220$ + 15$ shopping. Should be here Saturday. If anyone needs frank, he said he’d answer all calls at his business. His business is still doing well and he’s well, I won’t link numbers or sites. Everyone here should know where to find him or google powerhouse frank, the number will be there. I don’t want to get into a political side here lol.

Last edited:
I messaged frank, but he didn’t respond. Turns out he’s no longer a part of the org, he set me up with a 360 full spectrum lithium for 220$ + 15$ shopping. Should be here Saturday. If anyone needs frank, he said he’d answer all calls at his business. His business is still doing well and he’s well, I won’t link numbers or sites. Everyone here should know where to find him or google powerhouse frank, the number will be there. I don’t want to get into a political side here lol.
Disconnect battery cables when not driving for several days, i have no problem with this way on my battery for 3 years now. And my batterie are cheap not something special.

Disconnect battery cables when not driving for several days, i have no problem with this way on my battery for 3 years now. And my batterie are cheap not something special.

I feel like it’s just a bad cell and I was just unlucky. Either that or the 5 Min ride to and from work everyday isn’t enough to charge the battery and it just slowly drained.

Banner at the top of this page links to his site still so......

Screenshot_20191107-185235.png

I’ve never done the on/off charging or removing the batteries when not in use. For 20 years + I’ve used Deltran Battery Tender Jrs on all my bikes and all the batteries have lasted between 5-8 years. Just a couple years ago I got the lithium battery for the Busa and needed a lithium tender for it. I’ve bought from BatteryStuff.com for years, great service.

My Ducati has Shorai, after getting excellent results from it, I have started using them in my other bikes. Awesome batteries, very light and durable! They have their own chargers also, I get them from Battery Mart!
agree on the Shorai batteries,,,,bought mine in March of 2012 and still going strong,never had to charge it,I take it out and put on a book shelf in the house during the winter.It sat on that book shelf from Nov. of last year til May of this year while I did some maintenance
on the Busa and when she was ready to ride it fired right up.:Das a bonus it's a nice bang for the buck for shedding weight off the bike.

agree on the Shorai batteries,,,,bought mine in March of 2012 and still going strong,never had to charge it,I take it out and put on a book shelf in the house during the winter.It sat on that book shelf from Nov. of last year til May of this year while I did some maintenance
on the Busa and when she was ready to ride it fired right up.:Das a bonus it's a nice bang for the buck for shedding weight off the bike.
Same here! My Ducati was left in my trailer in California 1700 miles away as I had to come home fast for an emergency. It didn't move in a year and started right up when I got it home! Made me a believer! I have another new one sitting here to go into my 59 Harley.
Yes! When I received the first one I couldn't believe how it would operate as the box weighed nothing. I now have 5 of them and 2 chargers.

Back