Anyone here ever meet a girl off the internet?

I too carry a Glock 23 BV, nice choice. This sounds like a bad idea but that may just be a gut reaction. I too am single and my buddies are trying to talk me into the online dating deal. I don't know, haven't worked up the courage to do it yet. I would say as long as she has no expectations other than meeting somebody new and having some fun, than what the hell.

Instant family just add BV.
smile.gif

i met some chick off the internet. turned out we went 2 grade school together
wow.gif
we hung out a few times, and she was pretty cool. i guess u can say we "dated" for a few months. but i got tired of her.. mostly cause seh lived on the other side of town and had no car *big
rock.gif
for me* and it got tiring 2 ride over there. so i kinda stopped that. we still hang out here and there, occational booty call, but thats about it.

as far as kids. well, me personally, i stay away from the 1's with them... but im also 24. i dont want, and am not mature enough for kids. but doesnt mean YOU should stay away. still, get a fele for it, be open, and see how it goes.

Ok I am single and not seeing anyone at the moment but I signed up with a few online match making sites.

I met this girl , she is younger than I am has kids but seems really nice.  I am almost 35 and she is 30, she has 3 young kids.
We have traded emails and we have talked on the phone.  She really loves motorcycles and likes to go fast, ive told her about some of my rides and she loves it.  Its really happened kinda fast though so I am skeptical.
She is ready to drive from MN to WA right now to visit me.  I told her that was a bad idea so now she wants to fly out and see me in 3 weeks.

Ive heard some stories of other couples meeting on the internet, I heard of one guy who met a girl in Australia via the internet...just off phone calls and emails the guy flew down there and married her just like that.  He now lives there.

I am just kinda freaked that she is so quickly willing to come out, I have not said anything yet but I guess maybe its not so wierd.
I can see love at first site if you met someone at a party or somewhere ....but just exchanging pics, emails and phone calls? Can this really mean anything?    I would like it to.
She is cute and seems really nice and she loves motorcycles, speed and anything related to it.
Last night I talked to her and she was at a tractor pull.
smile.gif

She is a perfect size for riding 2 up, @ 5'2" and cant be more than 99lbs.  I am 5'9" so its nice to feel tall.
smile.gif

She has a good job and seems pretty together minus a few things.  I am probably a little more settled than she is but I am single so I dont have the same amount of pressure she has.

I think it would be pretty cool if it worked out, that would be the best deal I have ever gotten , a full family ready to go for $20.   Yeah, I know what you guys are gonna say...nobody wants a girl with kids...well I dont feel that way.  Her kids are young still so I can mold them into lean mean kick ass kids that beat your kids up in school.
smile.gif
 just kidding.

Has anyone else here met someone off the internet?

biggrin.gif
There is nothing wrong with relationships that that grow out of the internet. Before I got married to my wife, I was in love with a girl whome I ment on the net. We kicked off very well... and the love was there even when we split. Its just that our priorites in life changed. There was no bad blood.

I would recomend you to exercise the same caution that you would exercise while getting into any relationship.

As far as the kids, well I dont think there is anything wrong in you marrying a girl who has kids if you like her. Just be sure to yourself that you are ready to take up the responsibality of the kids. I mean, all said and done... kids do require a lot of your time, patience, love and concern. Be sure you have abundence of those... and you are ready to give it to em.

Good luck ... mate! Sincerely hope everything workes out to the best.
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Wake up bro and smell the roses
rock.gif
I have met I can't the babes off the internet thats how many...
laugh.gif
Anyways it appears to me that there are issues not even considered yet. The father or fathers of the 3 children, when people come together from broken homes its like jagged glass, been there and done it. Rule #1 take care of yourself before you do someone else, she may just be looking for a daddy figure and finanical padding. Rule #2 Don't ever bring her to your place first date, meet somewhere in the middle, besides the bed if you get my drift. Rule #3 Never disclose your finanical status....ching ching
biggrin.gif
Rule #4 Find out why her marriage or marriages didn't work and remember it takes too two tangle. Final rule #5 Always wear a condom
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I say go for it...if things don't "feel just right", chalk it up to experience and move on...

One step at a time too...don't worry about kids, ex boyfriends, etc 'til AFTER you see if you hit it off with HER...
smile.gif

Ok, well after a chat with her again I think we both realize its just not realistic.

She realizes that more than likely this will just be a friendship.

She is still bent on flying over and staying for a week though.

But hey, no strings...just a week of fun.

Though I know damn well she is only coming because I have a Busa and she wants a ride.
I am hoping to get a few rides too.
wink.gif

Okay, let me get this straight: You are asking us, a bunch of people you have never met, our opinions on a relationship with a girl you have never met. Does anyone else find this amusing?
BV, walk away from the computer, there are real people outside in the real world..........

Okay, let me get this straight: You are asking us, a bunch of people you have never met, our opinions on a relationship with a girl you have never met. Does anyone else find this amusing?
BV, walk away from the computer, there are real people outside in the real world..........
So your basically admittting that you are a fake.

Sounds like it is you that needs to get out more often.

So your basically admittting that you are a fake.

Sounds like it is you that needs to get out more often.
No, I'm not a fake, but you don't know me, and I'd bet you don't know very many of the people that post here. I don't really know very many of them either, but I don't ask for relationship advice from them.....
I'm your age, but I'm capable of talking to women in person, so the idea of starting a relationship with someone 1500 miles away seems absurd to me. Maybe I'm just weird...............

No, maybe your just a closed minded ass who is too quick to judge others.

Come on! Drama out of THIS thread...pop a blue pill guys...it'll do you good...
wink.gif

good lord...... mr.b Im shocked at your restraint!
laugh.gif

BV: you need to get your pipes cleaned....

then... maybe after that ... we can relax with a couple cold ones. I'll be going to bremerton on the 20th, maybe meet at the hooters in tacoma.
cool.gif

All the ones I met off of personal ads were total disasters! MAJOR Liars and MAJOR cheaters to keep it simple!

But then again I did meet Charles due to an internet ride board. But we got to know eachother in person and there was not the huge distance involved. Also we actually talked in person on a ride first and then again on another ride and things went from there. So the only part the internet played was the fact that we talked on the same board and went on the same rides.

I say go for it. Fly out to see her or pay for her ticket to come see you. leave the kids out of it for now until you two see if you are compatible. Then meet the kids. You don't need to get attached to them if you are not into their Mom enough to marry her and believe me, they don't need to get attached to you if you are gonna dissappear. That shid is VERY hard on kids!

If you two do get serious, think about moving. If the kids father is involved at all, it isn't fair to pull them away from him. It will screw them up in the long run. If he is completely out of the picture, them maybe she can move to where you are. Don't let her family stand in your way. It should be the two of you first, everyone else after that.

Oh, and kids are only baggage to selfish jerks who don't want kids. I have a real issue with people who refer to other people as having baggage. Be it kids or prior heartbreaks. EVERYONE has been hurt at some point, unless you are maybe 12! EVERYONE has issues to deal with, you just have to be willing to get through the insecurities to get to the good part!
smile.gif

I can't say that I would ever have gone for a guy with three kids, but that's mostly because I want to have my own. So marrying someone with three already would make that hard financially ...no matter how much you make! But if I couldn't have kids (or couldn't afford the time off career wise), then a ready made family might be just fine.

Only you can decide if you are ready to raise kids or not...no matter if they are hers or you have them together.

Good luck...take a chance, be careful, but be open....you may hit the jackpot!

I did!
biggrin.gif

All the ones I met off of personal ads were total disasters! MAJOR Liars and MAJOR cheaters to keep it simple!

But then again I did meet Charles due to an internet ride board. But we got to know eachother in person and there was not the huge distance involved. Also we actually talked in person on a ride first and then again on another ride and things went from there. So the only part the internet played was the fact that we talked on the same board and went on the same rides.

I say go for it. Fly out to see her or pay for her ticket to come see you. leave the kids out of it for now until you two see if you are compatible. Then meet the kids. You don't need to get attached to them if you are not into their Mom enough to marry her and believe me, they don't need to get attached to you if you are gonna dissappear. That shid is VERY hard on kids!

If you two do get serious, think about moving. If the kids father is involved at all, it isn't fair to pull them away from him. It will screw them up in the long run. If he is completely out of the picture, them maybe she can move to where you are. Don't let her family stand in your way. It should be the two of you first, everyone else after that.

Oh, and kids are only baggage to selfish jerks who don't want kids. I have a real issue with people who refer to other people as having baggage. Be it kids or prior heartbreaks. EVERYONE has been hurt at some point, unless you are maybe 12! EVERYONE has issues to deal with, you just have to be willing to get through the insecurities to get to the good part!
smile.gif

I can't say that I would ever have gone for a guy with three kids, but that's mostly because I want to have my own. So marrying someone with three already would make that hard financially ...no matter how much you make! But if I couldn't have kids (or couldn't afford the time off career wise), then a ready made family might be just fine.

Only you can decide if you are ready to raise kids or not...no matter if they are hers or you have them together.

Good luck...take a chance, be careful, but be open....you may hit the jackpot!

I did!
biggrin.gif
Your post makes some sense but no way in hell should he pay for her to fly out here. If she wants to come over, she can pay for it, period.

Also BV, I would find out how many fathers there are for the three kids. Anything more than one indicates serious trouble on a number of fronts.
wink.gif

Hey man, go for it!!! I think I need to do the same!! I am at an age where I am finding it harder to meet people. I don't do the bar scene, and looking at veggies in the produce section gets old pretty quick!!!
wink.gif

This could go both ways. I met Marc (abbis dad) online. We met in person 3 days later and started dating. Exactly 1 week to the day later we were engaged. 9 months later I was preggers...2 months later we split and have had a rough 3 years. But now we're good friends and sit back and laugh about how me met. We also laugh about how we'll tell the lil one when shes old enough to ask!!
I'm sorry.. I started to read your post and all I saw was you saying you went both ways? I couldnt read any farther....

Muah ha ha.. ehem, sorry,, couldnt resist
biggrin.gif

You and Michelle and beat me down later

I'm sorry.. I started to read your post and all I saw was you saying you went both ways? I couldnt read any farther....

Muah ha ha.. ehem, sorry,, couldnt resist
biggrin.gif

You and Michelle and beat me down later
Ron, what are we going to do with you?
tounge.gif
I'M SORRRRRYYY I JUST FEEL IN THIS OBNOXIOUS MOOD
TODAY AND I SWEAR THAT IS WHAT I THOUGHT IT SAID WHEN I READ THE FIRST SENTENCE!!!..

down.gif

biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123008887 -->

biggrin.gif

OMG you guys are too funny!

Ya know we love ya Ron!

(yes we need help too!)
tounge.gif

Back