Anyone have SW Motech rear rack?

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
Thinking of getting this rack for my Gen 2. Would only use it for "touring" but wondering if anyone else has it and could give me some feedback, or more pics? I don't like the looks of the Ventura rack, and I don't think it will work with my bag setup. If anyone could give me some feedback, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks! :beerchug:

Got it on my L0 complete with sideracks all with Givi luggage easy to fit and remove full set, from touring and back to single seat in 30mins

569e4f9a-18ec-3e16.jpg

Can you post some better pics of just the rack? Their website is pretty vague as far as the mounting of it. I'd appreciate it!
Thanks

That's from their site. I'd like to see it without the seat on. How does the back bolt on??

Sweet! Can you get me a loading capacity, and PM me a price to 53223? Thanks Justin, you da man!!

Sweet! Can you get me a loading capacity, and PM me a price to 53223? Thanks Justin, you da man!!

SW Motech is saying no more than 16.5lbs total....

My rep says he doesn't recommend anything over 20lbs total.

I'll shoot you a price shipped

SW Motech is saying no more than 16.5lbs total....

My rep says he doesn't recommend anything over 20lbs total.

I'll shoot you a price shipped

Price is good Justin..:thumbsup: Should be pm-ing you about this within the next few weeks. :beerchug:

20lbs seems a little weak though. I was hoping to shove my wife in a bag on there so I wouldn't have to hear her say slow down... Anybody know what the uglier step-cousin version (Ventura) is rated for?

Price is good Justin..:thumbsup: Should be pm-ing you about this within the next few weeks. :beerchug:

20lbs seems a little weak though. I was hoping to shove my wife in a bag on there so I wouldn't have to hear her say slow down... Anybody know what the uglier step-cousin version (Ventura) is rated for?

I can't help you on the Ventura stuff, but I know people, who know people, that might be able to help you stuff the significant other into a bag :laugh:

I mounted a Pelican Case on my SW Motech rack (to safely carry the laptop):

right_side.jpg

rear_rt_qtr.jpg

The floor of the Pelican Case is sandwiched between two 3/16" aluminum plates. Passing through the plates are three beefy 12mm bolts, and tension locknuts are run all the way up the bolts to the very bottom of the outside aluminum plate. The tension locknuts are then encased in a short segment of thick rubber heater hose (little black "bumper" thingies you see below).

The remaining bolt shaft had its threads ground down and polished smooth. Then, a hole was drilled in each bolt shaft so that it can receive a hefty bailing wire-style cotter pin to facilitate quick removal/installation when touring:

attachment.jpg

Using this arraignment, the Pelican case stands off from the SW-Motech rack, and thus the transfer of harmonic vibration to the case is almost eliminated! :cool:

When all is said and done, the Pelican case actually doesn't look too bad on the bike:

high_rt_qtr.jpg

Nice work Warchild. But its gonna be even harder to fit my wife in that Pelican case!

Anyone got a wood chipper????

Nice work Warchild. But its gonna be even harder to fit my wife in that Pelican case!

Well, on this bike, that would certainly be a concern.

But most folks don't have a 4.8-gal auxiliary fuel cell residing on the pillion area like you see in the above photos.... :laugh:

Back