Anyone Have Mapping Tips For Higher Altitude?

Cory Edmunds

Registered
I have a Gen 2 with two bros slip ons and I'm putting in a K&N air filter. I ordered a Dynojet Power Commander V that I'll put in this weekend with a mapping switch. I noticed without the power commander and with the stock filter on my last trip I was running really well at sea level compared to where I live at 3500Ft above sea level. I've found maps for the slip ons and filter combo and I'm wondering if there are any adjustments I should be making for the change in altitude or where to find custom maps? Also I know some people want to argue the types of air filters and which one is better. This is what I'm using and I'm not interested in changing hardware. (not meaning to be rude about it). I just want to run as well as I did at sea level all the time.

I could possibly be wrong. But the best map tune you're gonna get us to dyno tune at your elevation. I'm at 5280 (Denver) and I just run the default bazzaz map. Now at this high elevation it runs decent. But like anything, the denser air you find for the motor the better it's gonna run.

Thanks. I might have to do that for my elevation. Also that's why I got the map switch so I can switch to the basic map next time I'm at sea level when I travel again.

Back