anyone have experience cleaning stainless header?

dirtyred

Registered
just wanted to know if anyone knows a good way to clean my header and mid pipe for my stainless yosh??

just wanted to know if anyone knows a good way to clean my header and mid pipe for my stainless yosh??
My stainless exhaust on my turbo bike gets gold pretty quick, i put it on the polishing wheel and it shines right up. Whats on it you are trying to get off? Maybe some mothers billet and some elbow grease.

If it has been previously polished and is now just slightly discolored you can use Mother's Aluminum polish (Schucks) and a rag and it will clean right up. If it is super grungy and you have it apart then for sure power tools! Put it on a polishing wheel and watch it come to life.
smile.gif

This might sound strange but go to the store and get some Kaboom. It works really well on stainless. I have used it on my bike and other oddball places and seems to do just fine.

I've always used Wenol. A little trick i picked up from my cruiser days. GREAT product. not only cleans it, but protects it as well.

If it's brushed ss, use scotchbrite pad with WD40 and the gold heat discoloration comes right off.

Blue1

Me, I own a Restaurant and since we have LOTS of stainless, I just use stainless polish (Called Shella Shine) . Works great, but you need to get it at a Restaurant Supply Store  
beerchug.gif

Try a product called Satin Shine.

It's made for cleaning all the stainless steel in restaurant kitchens.

Back