anyone have diabetes

kennym4

Registered
I found out I have diabetes about 2 years ago, and basically just didn't care, and just kept going like everything was normal. For the past few months I've been feeling like the biggest piece of crap. I feel like I'm just going to fall out. When I do check my sugar levels they're usually around 220, but I just checked it, and it was 459.

Dumb question...is this what's making me feel like this ??

There are some open clinical trials for people with Type1...

nothing to screw with brother... some of our most troublesome patients are diabetic.. just so much to go wrong..

Definitely NOT something to just ignore...you need to get the diabetes under control. I don't have diabetes, but I'm at risk due to another disease I have and believe me, visiting the endocrinologist's office is humbling because I'm surrounded by those that didn't take it seriously and most of 'em are either in wheelchairs or on crutches because they eventually lose their toes or feet...

Get to the doc asap and work on getting that sugar level down :rulez:

That's way to high my brother. I've seen people do a lot with weight control, exercise, and proper diet.

It's a very tough disease, affects the entire body. I hope you'll start taking care of it.

Lately I have been feeling very guilty, with people getting taken from thier family, and friends, and I'm just taking life for granit (sp?)

What do you eat on a normal everyday basis?

You might look into eastern holistic medicine as an alternative; especially acupuncture. There are a lot of herbs that can counter effects of Stage I or Stage II diabetes.

You also might want to speak with a dietitian to get your diet AND your daily routine of exercise in check! You have reached an impasse because of your DNA makeup and the past neglect of proper diet.

It's never too late to change! Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Make the best of it! ;)

Lately I have been feeling very guilty, with people getting taken from thier family, and friends, and I'm just taking life for granit (sp?)

Hey, you can fix that by getting with your doctor and taking care of yourself...people live and thrive with diabetes. You won't regret not doing anything to control it until it's way too late...call today and set an appt. My coworker very recently found out he had it and his #'s were around 300. He's been working hard to get that down and he feels so much better already...

CALL TODAY!!! :rulez: Don't make me ban you LOL

Dude,
Read this very carefully.
Do not fuk around with that condition! It can be controlled with diet and exercise but if you ignore it like my sisters, you can go blind, lose a toe or develop gangrenous blisters on your feet which will lead to larger amputations.
Diabetic retinopathy has affected two of my sisters and one permanently lost sight in her left eye along with severely impaired vision in her right. She will lose the left eye completely and need a prosthetic. She also lost a toe and was laid up in the hospital due to a staph infection on a foot blister that would not heal. All this because she ignored the Doc continuing her daily sugar binges and extremely sedentary lifestyle.
Diabetes can cause severe mood swings like rage and depression, extreme lethargy, blurred vision and variety of other symptoms like those you are experiencing.
You can just do a little exercise and cut out some junkfood to beat it. It is not a permanent condition and can be eliminated by simple measures.

100 is normal, 200 is way to high, so 500.... you really need to get with it my brother.

I've put on 30 pounds in the last year and that shid needs to come off and I need to get back with the program.

Stress is another factor in diabetes. Good luck friend.

Hey, you can fix that by getting with your doctor and taking care of yourself...people live and thrive with diabetes. You won't regret not doing anything to control it until it's way too late...call today and set an appt. My coworker very recently found out he had it and his #'s were around 300. He's been working hard to get that down and he feels so much better already...

CALL TODAY!!! :rulez: Don't make me ban you LOL

Can you ban me?! :laugh: I kinda like the feel of having less and less websites to visit. Gives me more life to think about! :laugh:

??? Although,, I would miss the parts section.

Can you ban me?! :laugh: I kinda like the feel of having less and less websites to visit. Gives me more life to think about! :laugh:

??? Although,, I would miss the parts section.

I'm not banning you Cookie! LOL We need to keep you around :cheerleader:

First thing is get with your primary care doctor..

This is most certainly a "pay now or pay later" problem..

Your primary care will tell you a few things about life changes.. (and this is a life changing disease)

As posted above diet and exercise are important.. However if you are pushing 500? this is probably going to require a bit more than that..

Regardless, there are no magic cures (regardless of what you see on the net) herbs, spices and needles might make you feel better but the key is to monitor and control the blood sugar by what ever means are required (and only you and your doctor are going to figure that out)..

I hope by the end of the day you have an appointment made all the same..

Not to play the part of Chicken Little here....BUT GET YER AZZ TO THE DR!!!! I've seen first hand what this can do to people. Both of the Grandmothers have diabetes. One just passed a year ago and she was type 1. While she was controling her diet..etc she led a relatively normal life. She stopped doing so and quickly developed problems with circulation, could no longer walk...etc. It wasn't pretty. The other Gma is Type 2 (which sounds like you if you just developed it..etc). The way you're feeling is most definitely a product of this. To give you an idea I've been to an appt with her when her Dr. has told her if your blood sugar climbs above 400 you are at serious risk of going into a diabetic coma. Please get to the Dr. We'd like to keep you around. :please:

I don't have diabetes, but my oldest son does. First, which type do you have? DIet and Excercise will not control Type I; the difference is that Type one is where insulin is not produced and has to be introduced to the body from an outside source. Type two is where the body makes either too little or your body is resistant. So - short answer? Yes. Normal range is 80-120 for an adult. problem is, if you have been hovering around 200 for awhile, you will get used to that and it will be come your new norm. Then it will creep up and you will continue a down hill slide. If you were at 450+ you need to go to Walmart and get some keystone strips. Keytones for a person with diabetes are BAD. Have someone check for fruity breath if nothing else. What do they have you taking? Different insulins have different phasing and effects.

Please Please Please go see your Doctor NOW! Your level is very dangerous. I lost a friend to Diabetic Coma (due to wrong cold meds prescribed). My SIL has been near death 2X with Diabetic Coma and couple years ago had a kidney transplant because of the complications with this disease. Yes, she basically ignored it and misused her insulin and she is paying the price now.

Stop beating yourself up. Today is a new day, start making your changes now. I hope when you go to sleep tonight you are feeling good about whatever step you took today to be a healthier you!!!

(project) can it really cause mood swings ? I thought I was just going crazy.

I just got back from my Dr. he gave me Metformin to take twice a day with meals, and Lantis, which is a insolin shot that looks like a pen, that I shoot into my stomach once a day. I only have to take that until my sugar levels drop below 200. He told me that when your numbers are really high for a while that your pancreas will stop making insolin all together. He said, "your pancreas figures what it's doing isn't helping so why bother". I have to go back at the end of the month to have bloodwork done, and see how the medicine is working.

I REALLY appreciate all of your concern, and coments. THANK YOU all VERY much !!!

Last edited:
Back