Anyone have any experiances with Zx12's? Riden, raced, owned?

TexasMade

Registered
Alright well as I was trying to decide on if I wanted to buy another bike to ride, so I can do a full build on my R1, or just get it back on the road, and wait to pop the motor. This little gem came into my life. It is a 02 ZX12 with 12k on it, seems to be pretty stock, and well maintained. The best part is they only want 4k for it at a stealership, well that, and that my girl is gonna take care of the down payment as a early Xmas gift:thumbsup:

It seems like a hell of a deal, and I think I can buy it now, and ride it till April or so, then flip it for more than the original price. Just curious of anyone's experiences with these. And yes I know, Yamaha guy on a Busa site askin about a Kawi, but I have nowhere else to go to get a true opinion.

only thing that gets me so far is the salesman is steadily telling me it has never been down, but look at the right mirror, and the case???

ZX12front.jpg

zx12L.jpg

zx12right.jpg

ive always like the 12r. if kawi wouldve stuck with that look id own one instead of a busa. theyre getting hard to find for clean examples. thats about what they go for though. my buddy sold his for 4500 a few years back.might look around a lil if your worried about that one and the dealer wont be honest.

12 is a good bike however, I never liked the way it felt under me. That is why I went to a Busa originally.

Looks like a nice bike. Its probabaly had some repaint at sometime. I was thinking the Kawi on the tank was under the clearcoat. Seems to be priced right but I doubt you will make any money if you try to sell.

I had one same year 02, lots of power, very fast, a little top heavy and can be a b**** to work on if you have big hands like me. If that bike has no issues I would say go for it.

i had a 02 black/gold and 00 red zx12r, great bike, you will enjoy it, alot of power and handles well. one thing to look at is small leak around your valve cover, my 02 had that, it could have been isolated case but it won't hurt to check and make sure there is no leak.
that blue is nice and the price is good!
good luck.

i still have mine, 1287 kit and the billet clutch basket.....i will be putting the stock swingarm on it and riding it on the street...

good,fast,fun and will stick out in the sea of suzuki's out there...

zx12.jpg

I appreciate all the feed back. I am going to go look at it tomorrow, it is about 2 1/2 hours from me. KEEP IT COMIN!!:beerchug:

mirror and cover are damaged... point out the bs work a better deal... insist on removing ferrings and see what else is underneath

I'd get a zx10
I got one now, after 3 busas.
Its misery in heavy traffic, but otherwise its one bad mofo.
With nitrous and an arm it can get in the low 8's, even with a heavy rider
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice bike, fast as stink (Kawi does make a grunt of a motor).
It doesn't fit my body well, though. Feels like a huge track bike.
I have long arms and it tends to feel like I'm sitting ON it rather than IN it, like the Busa.
Still a pretty good bike.

nice bikes but they are a real pain to work on. if i remember right you have to pull the motor to adjust the valves.

just get a busa :poke:
I honestly wish I could, but right now I just don't see that happening. I am waiting to go back to work right now, and it just wouldn't be good. Not too many people around here(South TX)really like big bikes, but if I can score this thing for under 4k, I am sure I can find someone to take it off my hands next year for about the same.

I'd get a zx10
I got one now, after 3 busas.
Its misery in heavy traffic, but otherwise its one bad mofo.
With nitrous and an arm it can get in the low 8's, even with a heavy rider
Posted via Mobile Device
My riding partner has a 04 zx10, awesome bike, but I would never hear the end of it from him!:poke:
023.jpg

nice bikes but they are a real pain to work on. if i remember right you have to pull the motor to adjust the valves.
??????:moon:??? Hmm might have to talk them into running through the valves for me!!

Last edited:
you won't flip it for any money. you might get your money back. MIGHT.

The zx10r are just as fast with less weight and 10 times the handling.

the 12r wasn't a bad bike for someone one the heavier side, but with bikes more compact and the same horses, theres not much room left for the 12r.

you don't see anyone snatching up blackbird 1100's either, for this reason.

not a bad price, but you won't flip it. guarantee.

you won't flip it for any money. you might get your money back. MIGHT.

The zx10r are just as fast with less weight and 10 times the handling.

the 12r wasn't a bad bike for someone one the heavier side, but with bikes more compact and the same horses, theres not much room left for the 12r.

you don't see anyone snatching up blackbird 1100's either, for this reason.

not a bad price, but you won't flip it. guarantee.

All very valid points...back to craigslist I go!! lol. Thats also why the 929's, and 964's can be bought for next to nothing. Good points.

I think the zx12's are cool and I like them. I have seen one very fast and one junked up. I wouldn't mind having the one in that pic for that price but ,ins on three bikes would put me in the dog house or on the street.

Back