Anyone have any big trips planned this year?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Uncle Steve keeps texting me wanting to start planning a big Man Trip Part Deux. We spent about a year planning the last one and it got me thinking about what everyone else is doing...

Who's been planning?

Sturgis Baby .........

Shade Valley. http://shadevalley.com/index.php

IMG_1774.JPG

Going to England to travel around in a caravan for 10 days.....Oh on the bike? No big road trips, but I find on the Busa a lot of my road trips just happen. I love that the bike is so comfy and fast that I can travel pretty far in just a day. 500 miles a day is nothing. That puts me within reach to NYC, NH, Maine, and quite a few other places.

Got a dragon trip planned this summer with some coworkers. They’ve never been down so I rented a house and will have an extended weekend to give them a proper introduction

Probably gonna take a few weekend trips to some other places. I want to do that New England Ride challenge but nobody I ride with seems interested so I probably won’t try to do tha solo

No big trips for us, have to travel for my nieces graduation and my daughters wedding later in the year. We plan to hit up some long weekends, grand canyon, Santa Barbara, etc. Want to get that way and way out east next year to visit some org friends.

I am retarded, retired, so have time this year. Don't keep it a secret, would love to do a long road trip. If it is the old Cap and Steve I remember, they will both need a full time counselor to manage the relationship. I can do that at no charge. :cool:

I am retarded, retired,
so have time this year.

Don't keep it a secret,
would love to do a long road trip .

If it is the old Cap and Steve I remember,
they will both need a full time counselor
to manage the relationship .

I can do that at no charge .

:cool:

Well, I have ridden to Alaska twice and once down to Oaxaca Mexico. From about 120 k east of Toronto, Canada. I think I may stay local-ish this year and ride to Newfoundland. And throw in a circuit of the Cabot trail, camping at Meat Cove is a MUST, and a bit of the Gaspe'.

I have plans to make a third trip up to Alaska in a couple of years....or maybe next year. This year a ride down to Key West is in order, I have my first grandchild due any day now, son lives in Homestead. And a ride down to Willeville in Virginia. Which means I usually end up riding the Gap while I am there...yes, I ride....a LOT!!!!!

Busa Riders SA have a poker run in August. Which is 3 towns situated in a triangle form. So all start at Clarens and collect playcards in each town till you end in clarens. Best score wins. We really wanna do that trip. From Windhoek to Clarens and back is about 4000km's plus the run from clarens through the 2 other towns and back to Clarens is also 6/700km...
But will see what work and finances will be like that time.

Busa Riders SA have a poker run in August. Which is 3 towns situated in a triangle form. So all start at Clarens and collect playcards in each town till you end in clarens. Best score wins. We really wanna do that trip. From Windhoek to Clarens and back is about 4000km's plus the run from clarens through the 2 other towns and back to Clarens is also 6/700km...
But will see what work and finances will be like that time.
Are you all from Namibia, or will you be travelling from South Africa to Namibia?

Im dying to get back to the twisties! My avatar name is from the zx9 and the zx14 I own but just have the Busa and the 14 now. Great stable mates.

I'm hoping to get the Busa out of the garage, maybe to work......that's probably the longest trip I'll be taking for a while :confused:

Back