Anyone have a torn meniscus fixed??

busa186

Registered
How long did it take you to recover? Did they cut it out or stitch it back together?

just went in to see why me knee always hurts. Found out mine has been torn for about 2 years.(last injury). Wife wants me to get surgery but I want to wait till riding season is over. I guess of they only cut it out, ur only down about a week. If theu stitch it back up..6-8 weeks.
Posted via Mobile Device

They will do key hole surgery only takes 30 mins they cut it out and trim up the rest. I have had it done in 1995 for an old football injury was in and out same day and was running within 6 weeks.

I had my left knww done in 99' and its been perfect ever since. They scoped my knee and cut it out. 3 small stitches and was done in 30 mins. They wheeled me out in a chair and told me start walking that day. I went to a county fair that night and walked the entire time. If it aint hurting that bad I would wait till riding season is over cuz you should stay off our bike for 4 weeks.

I had that done on January 5, 2011... along with a vmo advancement, lateral release, and they tightened the medial ligament too. Then they cleaned the back of my kneecap. but to answer you question... I am still recovering... but i can get down in some twisties. been able to after about week 7 or 8.

I was down last Easter with it. The doctor kept saying if mine was improving, he wasnt going to cut on me. I wore the expensive brace and did some PT. I had limited movement at last years bash, and could barely shift gears. It got better in about 3 months, but I have started having a little trouble again and I wear the brace, it helps.

Might should have asked for the knife.:hide:

I had that done on January 5, 2011... along with a vmo advancement, lateral release, and they tightened the medial ligament too. Then they cleaned the back of my kneecap. but to answer you question... I am still recovering... but i can get down in some twisties. been able to after about week 7 or 8.

dang! you forget to where your pucks on those twisties? glad my I only got a torn meniscus.

It seems that most people just get it trimmed up and not stitched.

I was down last Easter with it. The doctor kept saying if mine was improving, he wasnt going to cut on me. I wore the expensive brace and did some PT. I had limited movement at last years bash, and could barely shift gears. It got better in about 3 months, but I have started having a little trouble again and I wear the brace, it helps.

Might should have asked for the knife.:hide:

Mine is about two years old. I gained about 40lbs due to being easy on it. Started dring to drop weight and it started killing me.

dang! you forget to where your pucks on those twisties? glad my I only got a torn meniscus.

It seems that most people just get it trimmed up and not stitched.

No, i was saying that I was able to ride after week 7 or 8. If they scope it, 2 weeks recover time is what I was told.

Yep trimmed out is the way to go, you will be walking on it right away but should stay off the bike for a while. Its one thing hold your own wieght up while walking but you don't want to risk further damage by trying to hold the bikes weight too. What if your foot slips while backing into a parking space? You plant you foot, your knee goes out, AND you drop your bike. It would be best to stay off the bike for 4-6 weeks. 4 was all I could handle but it was shakie at times.

Rubb had his done. Walked on a cane for one day...then said fug that.

I just carried on as normal,did whatever I wanted.:whistle:

Maybe thats why it still hurts and is a little bothersome.:whistle::laugh:

RSD.

Back