anyone have a pc3 usb programmer ?

thepushercg

veni vidi vici
Donating Member
Registered
i know it should be in wanted area, but all i need to do is borrow a programmer to update the pc3 if anyone has one of these units. theres not any local yokles tuners here. and dynojet can not ship out one till tomorrow. the p/n for this unit is PCPROG to update firmware older than the 1.0.0.20 which mine is the 1.0.0.18

Ok, I am dense.

what is a PC3 usb programmer?

I use my laptop to program mine.. I never heard of a programmer...
wow.gif

There is a programmer to update the firmware of the unit itself. I remember a shop having one from a recent thread somewhere...... just can't place it.

(Professor @ Jun. 05 2007,12:04) There is a programmer to update the firmware of the unit itself.  I remember a shop having one from a recent thread somewhere...... just can't place it.
Cant you just use a computer to do that?

I havent looked at mine as far as updateing the firmware but I would think you could do it wiith a PC maybe?

I think you actually do. I’m betting it is just an interface between the PCIIIusb and the computer. Maybe it is connecting to the expansion buss. I’m not sure but I have heard of the issue before. I believe it is more commonly needed to upgrade for use with the LCD display . I had to checked the firmware version on mine before ordering quickshift software/kill unit. If I remember correctly it is like $45.

yes you have to have the programer if your software is before the 1.0.0.20
which mine is, to update it so it can work with the lcd display. i was going to buy one today but they are doing inventory there and cant sell till tomorrow.

I was lucky when I bought mine and the firmware was 1.0.0.20.... Looks like you are gonna have to make a purchase..
firedevil.gif

I just received PC3 I bought from another member and my firmware is 1.0.0.18 so I need programmer to update it.
Is it possible to borrow it from you? I`d really appreciate it.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 25 2007,21:39) Maybe somebody else can help? I`m not even sure if I need that firmware update.
Vic,

I don't think you are going to need it unless you are adding one of the newer accessories like the LCD display.

You how it works, I might afford it in the future... that thing (LCD) is sure looking good.

i just installed it on my bike, reset the throttle and used the map loaded by previous owner.

It was for full Akro and small airbox and my bike has just yosh slipons. Idling is better and running in 1st gear at low RPM smother, no more hesitation. Didn`t tried it on the road yet.

Back