Anyone had problems with Yana Shiki Links?

mrnyc01

Registered
Ok so I am lowering this weekend. I got the Yana Shiki adjustable links. 7075 Aviation Grade blah blah. All my research indicate good links. Everyone on other threads I read said they got them and love them.

I ordered. Lood at the package on the back... a sticker reads "Not got highway use. Use for show"

WTF??????? I looked at my original links. These are same thickness and everything. And from all I read, the type of metal is the strongest. So what gives? Does anyone have these on thier bike and have rode with them with no problem? Let me know...

Links I bought
http://www.tobefast.com/images/P/Lowering_Link_Suzuki_Hayabusa_Chrome.jpg

I think they put that on the package for legal reasons. I purchased a set of extensions and they said the same thing on them.

You might look into Soupys double adjustable links. They are a lot easier to adjust only taking a couple of minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never bought from them, never heard anything good. Sounds like legal language to cover their backside in the event of a problem. Someone just had a set fold on them. Don't remember you made them.

I've never bought from them, never heard anything good. Sounds like legal language to cover their backside in the event of a problem. Someone just had a set fold on them. Don't remember you made them.

Yep, and it almost tossed them off the bike. I dont remember who it was though.

Hey.. I assume you meant "don't remember WHO made them"?

Yeah.. I have heard and there was a video of someone that broke. But I am not sure if it was YS. I searched the net and there is no discussions about them breaking. Not YS.

Hey.. I assume you meant "don't remember WHO made them"?

Yeah.. I have heard and there was a video of someone that broke. But I am not sure if it was YS. I searched the net and there is no discussions about them breaking. Not YS.

yana shiki is known to make things of lesser quality. they cant make a good top clamp, rearsets, windscreen. so i wouldnt trust their links imho.

the vid of the links that broke were installed upside down if i remember right. they will prob be fine but there are a zillion other guys out there making them that make other stuff that is good.

Back