Anyone had any luck buying/installing aftermarket fairings

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I need right side fairings and a nose. I'll probably go with OEM but was wondering if anybody had any success with aftermarket fairings.There seems to always be a fitment issue on a scale of... doesn't quite fit...to horrible piece of krap.

I'd buy a set of these off-shore ones if somebody could recomend a company that makes ones with PERFECT fitment.

Long shot,thought I'd ask. Definately an easy way to change colors.

Brutal honesty...hit me. Thank you...:bowdown:

RSD.

Sorry Rub no such thing as "PERFECT" fitment when it comes to aftermarket fairings :whistle: I however did purchase a set of injected molded aftermarket fairings off ebay for my busa and Ive had them on for over a year now with little to no complaints. Matter a fact that's usually the 1st thing people comment is how they like the color of my fairings. Heres my advice to making them work.

#1 ditch the inner dash fairings because they look like absolute chit and don't line up nearly as good as OEM

#2 ditch the belly pan wing and either use your OEM or get an aluminum aftermarket wing off ebay. These fairings look really nice but they are no where near as flexible or as durable as the OEM's so first time you hit a rock/pot hole/ or lip of a garage entrance that wing will crack like an egg

#3 Like I said I ordered mine over a year ago and don't recall the specific company but you have to get the injected molded kit. They are not great but a lot better quality and fitment than the other versions and worth the extra $50 or whatever it costs. Ive seen a set of both and mine were definitely painted better and lined up easier than the other set my brother bought for his gsxr

#4 Set a realistic expectation on how they look and are gonna perform. Your getting a whole fairing kit for basically the cost of 1 OEM fairing so they may or may not line up exactly perfect or have a pristine paint job but its a quick and cheap way to change up the color scheme of your bike without breaking the bank. I still get compliments when I pull up to a crowd of bikes and I cant help but laugh on the inside :laugh: thanks for complimenting my knock off fairings.......... For the price its at least worth a try so you can form your own opinion and see for yourself. good luck :beerchug:

What a tuff choice. As you all know I'm such a fricken fuss pot I could be setting myself up for huge dissapointment.

I just cant ride around on this Gen II thats all rashed up. :banghead:

Thanks guys,

RSD.

You have the money. Justin can probably hook you up for around $1500. Fits perfect, color and decal perfect. That is all.

How did the inner pieces mount? were you still able to use the factory screws that thread into the plastic or did yours have the metal inserts that require a machine thread screw?
Sorry Rub no such thing as "PERFECT" fitment when it comes to aftermarket fairings :whistle: I however did purchase a set of injected molded aftermarket fairings off ebay for my busa and Ive had them on for over a year now with little to no complaints. Matter a fact that's usually the 1st thing people comment is how they like the color of my fairings. Heres my advice to making them work.

#1 ditch the inner dash fairings because they look like absolute chit and don't line up nearly as good as OEM

#2 ditch the belly pan wing and either use your OEM or get an aluminum aftermarket wing off ebay. These fairings look really nice but they are no where near as flexible or as durable as the OEM's so first time you hit a rock/pot hole/ or lip of a garage entrance that wing will crack like an egg

#3 Like I said I ordered mine over a year ago and don't recall the specific company but you have to get the injected molded kit. They are not great but a lot better quality and fitment than the other versions and worth the extra $50 or whatever it costs. Ive seen a set of both and mine were definitely painted better and lined up easier than the other set my brother bought for his gsxr

#4 Set a realistic expectation on how they look and are gonna perform. Your getting a whole fairing kit for basically the cost of 1 OEM fairing so they may or may not line up exactly perfect or have a pristine paint job but its a quick and cheap way to change up the color scheme of your bike without breaking the bank. I still get compliments when I pull up to a crowd of bikes and I cant help but laugh on the inside :laugh: thanks for complimenting my knock off fairings.......... For the price its at least worth a try so you can form your own opinion and see for yourself. good luck :beerchug:

this is one I did for a buddy of mine,,they fought me the whole way.

popo1_zpscaa4dfa0.jpg

popo2_zpsa21db508.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've decided I'm actually gonna stick with the Mettalliic Mustard paint scheme.

It'll still be ugly,but it will all match up.

I've had to take the fairings off my 2 Gen I's a hundred times...I dont need the "off-shore" fitment hassles.

RSD.

I just fixed mine last night. I had gotten them from bliss star from eBay.
The product good quality but the fight o fit was crazy. My farring started to touch the font tyre just because the tab right above the engine casing was a tad too long.... Didn't realise it till very late...

image.jpg

How did the inner pieces mount? were you still able to use the factory screws that thread into the plastic or did yours have the metal inserts that require a machine thread screw?

No metal inserts the fairings came pre drilled and lined up with the factory holes and I used a ball z fairing bolt kit to mount them

its about 2200.oo to get a full set of plastics (OEM) ouch.

Maybe I can sell my body :smileyexhibit: make some extra cash. :laugh:

RSD.

RSD, call Justin and see what he can do.

Also, you don't need all of them. Just get the nose cone, two color sides that you want and a front fender that match. The tail and sides that are black can stay if you just want a minor color change. Heck, pic any color front second from any of the years and make your own unique color scheme. You could even get OEM sickers for the rear to make it all match... ;)

Otherwise, keep a look out on the classifieds....here, SH.org, psychobike, ebay, etc....lots of deals on full sets of fairings every now and then.

RSD, call Justin and see what he can do.

Also, you don't need all of them. Just get the nose cone, two color sides that you want and a front fender that match. The tail and sides that are black can stay if you just want a minor color change. Heck, pic any color front second from any of the years and make your own unique color scheme. You could even get OEM sickers for the rear to make it all match... ;)

Otherwise, keep a look out on the classifieds....here, SH.org, psychobike, ebay, etc....lots of deals on full sets of fairings every now and then.

Thanks bro. Justin was my first call this morning,he's not in till tomorrow.

Yer right,I only need the 2 sides,1 right lower and nose to do a color change. Tail and front fender are perfect in black. :thumbsup:

The other thing I was told on the phone..."We can't get Canadian or Euro colors." I found that odd...it's all gotta come from Suzuki doesn't it.:dunno:

Rubb.

Thanks bro. Justin was my first call this morning,he's not in till tomorrow.

Yer right,I only need the 2 sides,1 right lower and nose to do a color change. Tail and front fender are perfect in black. :thumbsup:

The other thing I was told on the phone..."We can't get Canadian or Euro colors." I found that odd...it's all gotta come from Suzuki doesn't it.:dunno:

Rubb.

Isn't the tank "metallic mustard" too?

Back