Anyone gotten the new Shoei RF-1100 ?

I just picked up a RF1000 for $199. It will do nicely.
Posted via Mobile Device

I want another blue/white 'Busa' helmet and only one I can find at that price is xxxl ?
I'll send these guys a mssg Kromdom and ask them if they can get me one for the $199 you posted a while back . It seems all the larges are gone ?

I bought a new x-eleven on e-bay for $354, shipping inclusive. Some of the ones with graphics on them can be had for $299, but I wanted a solid color and had to pay more.

Lamb has an rf1100 and loves it. The vision is incredible. The visor system is flawless. Love how the visor draws back into the helmet. The system is exactly the same on the x12. It fogs so easy its ridiculous, but Lamb replaced his with the anti fog visor and it's unbelievable. Cant make it fog at all. The airflow is undeniable when the vents are opened and it whistles dixie. Must keep closed at speed. Making earplugs mandatory if you run them in the open position. Replaced the cheek pads with one size larger after buying a xsmall lid. Easy to replace and easy to install.

Lamb scale=9 sparkplugs up!

Lamb has an rf1100 and loves it. The vision is incredible. The visor system is flawless. Love how the visor draws back into the helmet. The system is exactly the same on the x12. It fogs so easy its ridiculous, but Lamb replaced his with the anti fog visor and it's unbelievable. Cant make it fog at all. The airflow is undeniable when the vents are opened and it whistles dixie. Must keep closed at speed. Making earplugs mandatory if you run them in the open position. Replaced the cheek pads with one size larger after buying a xsmall lid. Easy to replace and easy to install.

Lamb scale=9 sparkplugs up!

Blanca says thanks to Lamb.
Blanca read same thing about it whistling when vents are open .
Blanca has no fog issues as it's always too hit here for fog problems .
Blanca keeps his vents open all the time and thinks he will just stay with RF-1000.

The wife and I both have the 1100's, actually about 5 people I ride with have them, nothing but good things to say.

With graphics $379 from compacc

Blanca says thanks to Lamb.
Blanca read same thing about it whistling when vents are open .
Blanca has no fog issues as it's always too hit here for fog problems .
Blanca keeps his vents open all the time and thinks he will just stay with RF-1000.

Good try Blanca, get your own schtick! This one just peeves people off!

Good try Blanca, get your own schtick! This one just peeves people off!

I did say thanks :)
But seriously thanks again for the info as the whistling part when vents are open is what I read some complaining about .
I do like that blue and white 'monolith' model which is one i saw at cycle gear today .
For some reason though the rf-1100 felt heavier than the rf-1000 ?
And the liner seemed to be thinner than than the rf-1000 ?

I have had one for about 6 months and I LOVE IT!!!!! Yes it gets a little bit noisy w/ the vents open, but I live in the hotness that is Arizona and the open vents keep my head nice and cool. Its lightweight, super comfy, & stays put at high speeds.

Saiid, I use the x-11...and it is a great helmet...until I saw and put on the x-12 at laguna Seca..the big put off is the price 6-7 hundred is crazy expensive...but it has better peripheral vision than the x-11...especially in slow traffic:whistle: better air flow..and my x-11 never whistles..but can fog a little...pads are removable. I always where a doo-rag to keep oil from hair and skin off of the pads...hope this helps...and I am with you a million percent..if my helmet hit the ground even in a slow-mo...it's retired...ain't worth the risk of it coming apart and getting you killed or maimed...

Back