Anyone got some info on bridgestone's new bt015 ?

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
All I know is these are OEM on the new 2006 Honda 1000RR , id love to hear more about them but ill be damned if I can find any information on them!

thanks

Don't know what the difference is between the 014 and 015....but they ROCK
biggrin.gif

One of my bikes came with them....

uploaded_CBR1000RR_large_04.jpg

Did you check with our old buddy Mr. George Tenant? He would probably know if anyone does?

YES SIR and thats the color I have, I pick it up on the 11th....I went straight to the twisties with busahaya in Santa Monica. Its been raining alot and I haven't been able to get out and ride.

Ba Busa, did your honda come with a BT015? I have not heard about a 15? I'd like to know more? The BT014 is a great tire. I've burned up several sets and just about to put a new set on my GSXR1000.

Congrats BA, your gonna bring that to the group ride in Oregon I expect?
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

Everything I have read on the new 1000RR says that its BT015s are supurb.

Bridgestone is debuting the new tires on the 1000RR , I doubt they made a tire just for one bike.

Ive emailed Bridgestone inquiring about the 015s.

I also have a 04 1000RR and it came with the 014's....the 04 is my track bike which I did the front springs and valve kits along with a 3 way Penske shock. It also has Akrapovic EVO exhaust, PC3USB, custom map. I use either Pirelli Supercorsa's or Metzler RaceTec's....but I liked the 014's before I switched.

Oh so is your 1000RR just for track BA?   I can't wait to read your review of the bike expecially considering you already have an 04'.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141183369 -->

I will use the 04 one more season and then sell it. The 06 is for the street this year and will be track only next year.

Right now 04 is track only....I also have a trailer and will have all three bikes at the track on occasion.

Sounds good..I know if I bought a new piece id want to pimp it on the street for at least awhile.
tounge.gif

What is that new 1000RR dynoing out at anyways?
rock.gif

Whatever they say is just marketing.....I don't know nor do I care the 06 stock is faster than my 04 with exhaust, PC, and a custom map
biggrin.gif

I almost bought the 06 GSXR1000....you can't go wrong with any of the new litre bikes
wink.gif

I got another Honda because I like my 04 and a lot of the parts are interchangeable.

Yeah , your right...you cannot go wrong with any of the modern liter bikes.

What twists my noodle are those that spend the big $$ on Aprillas and Ducatis ...and gulp Triumphs.
tounge.gif

Tufbusa, have you considered trying the new Dunlop Qualifier? From what I gather they are excellent. I am going with some Qualifiers if I cannot get any 015s. I'll probably use at least one more 014 rear before trying some other tires out though.

I am interested in trying the Qualifier. I didn't know about the 15 until I read your post. I'm very interested in knowing more about the tire. I love the 14's and if the 15 is an improvement, I'd definately try them.

Got my answer back from Bridgestone..
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The BT-015 is OE on the CBR1000RR only.
BT-014 remains our main sportbike line.
We have heard that they work well on other bikes, but we have no data.
They are available now.

Bob Graham
Motorcycle / Kart Product Manager
Bridgestone / Firestone North American Tire, LLC.
535  Marriott Drive
Nashville  TN  37214
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sounds like they might be stickier than the 014s but since they were made for the 1000RR then I will probably pass on them.

I guess I am going to try the Qualifiers or stick with the 014s.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141226246 -->

I had a chat with Bob this morning as well and he told me the same, they are OEM on the Honda but he also said the reports are they are much better than the 14? The 14 is a great tire. I think I'll try a set of 15's. I'm about due for new rubber on my K5 gixxer anyway.

Back